• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
  • Google (2)
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

starlings making a come back?

Started by alan1572, June 25, 2010, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

i have not seen this many starlings since i was a kid (early eighties any-way), have they been scarce were you are and are on the rise or did they never go away?
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Oldboy

They do seem to be making a comeback this year, as I've seen flock of about 200 or so. A couple of years ago you were lucky if you saw one or two. In the sixties there were large flocks of them in town centres, but by putting netting all over building it reduced their nesting sites, hence the decline.  ;D

alan1572

when i was a kid i remember throwing bread out and it barely had time to hit the ground before it was devoured by a flock of hungry/greedy starlings.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

picsfor

Quote from: alan1572 on June 25, 2010, 10:37:05 AM
i have not seen this many starlings since i was a kid (early eighties any-way), have they been scarce were you are and are on the rise or did they never go away?

Apparently Brighton is rather famous for its Starling displays around it's 1 and a half piers. they draw crowds each night and are monitored by the RSPB...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.