• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
  • Google (2)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

what was in Santa's sack?

Started by alan1572, December 25, 2009, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

My husband and I decided not to give each other presents this year - we do that the whole year  ;)
I gave myself a most wonderful present - my D700 :)

However Christmas Eve was spent with family (12 of us) and the best bit was my godson, 14 year old Philipp, who played a medly of Carols on his trombone - just for me  :stup:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

minky_monkey

Togging wise..

The wildlife photographer of the year fix-up portfolio lol (wonder if they`ll reprint it...? lol)
A wildlife photography book
And a composition book.

stevebedder

I got a copy of Tom Angs Digital Photography Masterclass which looks like a good read.

I also got some filters too which I've been meaning to get for a while.

Steve

hevans

Quote from: oRGie on December 25, 2009, 06:20:43 PM
Socks, shirt, jumper (not home knitted with holly on thank heavens!) and some chocy's from the family..  My 7D & 15-85 was my xmas prezzie to myself though lol

Hey! Nothing to do with me mate!  ;)  :D

Malcolm1938

Nothing truely photographic but a super little netbook that sits nicely in the lid of my camera bag so an extra 100+gb of storage for pictures when needed and a preview screen worth looking at.... in other words exactly what I wanted - and more smellies and sweets than I'll ever need.
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

CML-1591

New 8GB CF card 60MB/s n the usual CD's and DVD's

Dad got that light up spirit level and a filter...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

ABERS

Not a very good Christmas photowise. Two gifts both given with the best of intentions I know.

1. Don McCullin's book 'In England'. Already have a well thumbed copy. Still I take solace from the fact that my grandson who sent it me has got an eye for super images!

2. What I would call the photographic equivalent of that gadget that removes fluff balls from woolly jumpers, a digital photo frame. ::) What the hell are they all about. My wife has decreed I can put it anywhere where it can't be seen. I'll put it in the sideboard drawer and get it out and plug it in when the person who gave it me comes visiting :doh:

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on December 27, 2009, 08:20:06 AM
a digital photo frame. ::) What the hell are they all about.

My parents do not have computers, nor do they want one - too complicated. The original Suffolk Bumpkins still work with Slide Rules, pencil and paper. They're still impressed by remote control on a TV :-\
They live in accommodation with little space to spare - so for them, a digital photo frame is actually a good thing as it saves cluttering up the place with lots of photo albums etc.
Easy to add pictures and best of all - it only costs them a penny or two every month when they get it out to look at the pictures.

As with other things - horses for courses. For you Alan - and your style of picture presentation - it must the Satan's Spawn. For my parents - it is the photographic answer to their prayers.
Though secretly i think they still try to turn the page when looking  :2funny:

Graham

I supose the gifts you recieve tell you a little of what your family think of you.
        Me?......I now have five bottles of malt whiskey and three supersize bags of Haribo "Super Kiddy Mix"!
                          Graham. :stup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: Graham on December 28, 2009, 08:41:08 AM
        I supose the gifts you recieve tell you a little of what your family think of you.
        Me?......I now have five bottles of malt whiskey and three supersize bags of Haribo "Super Kiddy Mix"!
                          Graham. :stup:

I dunno, what's worse, what you think they think of you, or what you think they're trying to do to you. I got a stocking full of chocolate, I'm diabetic. :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

daisiemaetulip

Quote from: ABERS on December 27, 2009, 08:20:06 AM
Not a very good Christmas photowise. Two gifts both given with the best of intentions I know.

1. Don McCullin's book 'In England'. Already have a well thumbed copy. Still I take solace from the fact that my grandson who sent it me has got an eye for super images!

2. What I would call the photographic equivalent of that gadget that removes fluff balls from woolly jumpers, a digital photo frame. ::) What the hell are they all about. My wife has decreed I can put it anywhere where it can't be seen. I'll put it in the sideboard drawer and get it out and plug it in when the person who gave it me comes visiting :doh:
why dont you want it seen? dont you have a load of pics you only look at now and then? i'd love one.. i bought one for my parents .. who have finally got to grips with the compact they treated themselves to in the summer having failed to appreciate the joy of my old fuji 602!.. they are thrilled with the frame and have rotating pics of the grandkids to make them smile..
i'm happy with anything anybody took the time trouble and money to buy me..
but the main gift was watching the little ones open their presents and hearing 6yr old ellie on the phone breathlessly telling me santa has been!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.