• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 206
  • Total: 206
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

A Slight accident!! Time and cost info req

Started by Lifeboat1721, March 05, 2010, 08:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboat1721

Due to a loose Dog I ended up in the mud yesterday at Glasson Dock >:( >:(

My D90 and 18-200mm had a rough time, Luckily for me it was the Lens that came of worse and the body had some Camera Armour on it and luckily that brushed of once dry then I washed the Armour and left it for 24 hours to dry out. The camera is working fine but I've sent the lens back to Nikon it felt rather "Gritty" to say the least this morning.

Has anyone got any idea of how long Nikon take to clean a lens and what the cost will be  :-[ :-[ Please.

There is no broken glass as I had a UV filter on the front.

Ian
Support The RNLI, As you may need them one day...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8749230@N08/

greypoint

I think I had an estimated time of a  couple of weeks to repair my 70-300 vr earlier this year - it actually took nearly a month because they had to wait for parts. No idea on cost - mine was a warranty job.

picsfor

Sue,

might be worth checking on your household contents insurance. They may cover things like this...

greypoint

It's Ian who has the current problem :) ...but you have just reminded me about the time Mark from the DCM forum did much the same thing - his was covered by home contents so not only did it cost him nothing but because the camera was beyond repair he got a new D80 to replace his old D50!

picsfor

you are quite right Sue - i am losing the plot.

Yes - Ian, check your insurance policy...

Lifeboat1721

Thanks it's the kind of thing that to me wasn't it wasn't a fault with the kit more a fault with the dog owner  >:(

And I'm not sure if explaining to them that I got knocked of a step and dammaged my camera come's under the insurance...

All part of the fun  :-\ :-\

Ian

greypoint

Well, if you have contents insurance I'd have thought that's just the sort of thing that's covered. Worth a try.

Lifeboat1721

Well guys, Just to let you know that it is back and working total Cost £ 76.01p I didn't put an insurance claim in for such a small amount.  I've no idea what the 1p was for  ???

Ian

jinky

That`s not too bad. With excesses and next years premium affected it was not worth the claim.

Now if anyone sees my Tamron 67mm centre pinch lens cap will you tell me. Took it off downstairs to take a quick shot up and it has dematerialised! My best lens cap too that never knocks off.  >:(

Oldboy

Quote from: Lifeboat1721 on March 29, 2010, 05:33:52 PM
Well guys, Just to let you know that it is back and working total Cost £ 76.01p I didn't put an insurance claim in for such a small amount.  I've no idea what the 1p was for  ???

Ian

That's most likely Vat on the service charge.  ;D

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 29, 2010, 06:57:27 PM
That`s not too bad. With excesses and next years premium affected it was not worth the claim.

Now if anyone sees my Tamron 67mm centre pinch lens cap will you tell me. Took it off downstairs to take a quick shot up and it has dematerialised! My best lens cap too that never knocks off.  >:(

It's in your jacket/trousers pocket!  :-[

I lost the back cap on my 50mm F1.4 lens in Sandwell Valley, but didn't notice until I got home. Went back the next day and found it in two minutes.  :tup:

greypoint

I once spent half an hour looking in the long grass for the spare battery of my Olympus compact. Gave up - went home....and found it sitting in the charger where I'd left it  :dance:

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on March 30, 2010, 08:18:35 AM
I once spent half an hour looking in the long grass for the spare battery of my Olympus compact. Gave up - went home....and found it sitting in the charger where I'd left it  :dance:

It's an age thing!  :-[  :2funny:

picsfor

Quote from: Oldboy on March 30, 2010, 09:15:05 AM
Quote from: greypoint on March 30, 2010, 08:18:35 AM

It's an age thing!  :-[  :2funny:
What is what?  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.