• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 194
  • Total: 194
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on April 07, 2019, 07:16:00 PM
QuoteIf the switch is in the centre 'off' position (self centring), how do you turn them off by moving the switch to the centre position it is already in?

Just flick the switch in either direction! Just don't go past the first "notch"

Whatever. For me this idiotic switchgear is a deal breaker. I'll never buy a BMW. What's so bloody difficult about making it work normally? It's just deliberately annoying. Just don't get me started on that damned jog wheel thing . . or the cruise control . . BMW are just contrary for the hell of it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Funny, Howard, because I've swapped to a Skoda and the switchgear in that is conventional - which is fine - but some of the systems are not logical - or at least don't appear to be!

The cruise (Active which is fab!) has a lever on the steering column below the indicator - back for off forward for on. Fine so far. End of stalk for setting - also fine. But pull forward again and it increases setting in ~1mph increments. Lever up/down increase/decrease by 5. Press the set button and it decreases by 1 - unless you are not at the set speed so it then drops to current speed......

Want to see the current total mileage. be quick at start up or turn off cruise because the set speed is priority to distance........... (I think I need to confirm this!)

Want to see the service details - press the trip reset button for more than 4seconds - after which is un-zero's the trip.............. Too short and it trip resets.   :uglystupid2:

Having said that, I am very unlikely to get another BMW.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I know I'm just bitching about things I could get used to :) None of our cars are modern/high end enough to have any potentially confusing tech on them. The most sophisticated thing we've got is the head up display on the Corvette, and that's nearly 20 years old.

Hope you enjoy the Skoda, all the ones we've had (including a pre VW rally prepped 136) have been brilliant.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

All the tech is put in  place ready for the 2012 date when all cars must have parking sensors/cameras and speed limiters linked to the speed limit.

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on April 14, 2019, 12:45:41 PM
All the tech is put in  place ready for the 2012 date when all cars must have parking sensors/cameras and speed limiters linked to the speed limit.

I think we have passed that date unless, you are parked next to a black hole which slows down time and might reverse it!  :doh:

anglefire

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Actually last night (And you could count last Sunday in this too!) - Did a photoshoot for one of my daughters friends who is doing a makeup and beauty course at Uni and wanted some pictures of her work - I've done 4 shoots in total now for her - been fun - I've tried to keep out of the process from a direction perspective (Mostly!) as I see my bit as being just the guy with the camera and she needs to do most of the work - she is round tonight to go through the last 2 shoots and process them to her taste. Should be fun too!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

A week in Devon with my family made me feel Great,  for a whole week!

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Can't beat family time - it's what you work for!  :tup:

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on April 20, 2019, 05:47:47 PM
Can't beat family time - it's what you work for!  :tup:

Absolutely Oldboy. Best times. Home now and amazing how quickly things get back to normal. Hectic life!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

Yesterday (Again!) but went to Donington Park and got some nice shots.

One of which is this:

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

anglefire

Thanks Jinky - I used a monopod successfully for the first time - I have a new head that only rotates in two planes - up and down and left and right, rather than a ball head. And left and right is largely locked off as it rotates on the pod!

it wasn't that slow at 1/100" - but  was using my 300mm & 2x converter.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.