• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

2014 projects

Started by spikeyjen, January 01, 2014, 01:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

I'm not one for New Years Resolutions, but I do like a photographic challenge for the year. I found this

http://vimeo.com/82990121

and I just love the photographs and the idea.

Hinfrance

I would love to do that, but I won't.

There are only a handful of images in that stream that would be legal to publish from here in France.

Plus, living in the sticks and not having any actual streets to play with is a bit of a handicap too, to be honest. Even the cat can't manage to get itself run over despite having an IQ lower than a lettuce.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Don't usually make New Year resolutions, but this year is different.

I resolve to get a cure for the severe bouts of photographic procrastination that I suffer. In fact I might even start next week! ;)

Andrew

My new years resolutions were posted here: http://www.andrew-brown.net/2014-new-years-resolutions/

As for photographic resolutions, well I'm slowly getting things sorted out in that I am now going through all my old pictures and having a serious cull - why keep some 30k+ images when really only 1k are ever gonna be looked at or processed?

I'm now back to taking my camera out with me where ever i go (but then it is small enough to fit in my pocket  :tup:)
Pictures i've had turned into print for past camera club use are going to be put up on the wall for me to be smug about  ;)  - some got honourable mentions...
All pictures are open for re-interpretaton as my understanding of Lightroom increases
Finally - just take my time and enjoy my photography and not treat it as a factory production line whereby i must take and process a picture at a certain frequency  :dance:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

donoreo

I have been debating a 365 again or a 52.  One more elaborate project per week (on average - may do two in a week) to learn a new technique.  The problem with the 52 is I may not work on it every day and let it slip.  i think I need to do it for several reasons: 1. Work on my photography more  2. Expand my skills 3. Manage the process or project. 

DigiDiva

Mine is to look at having my images displayed somewhere................anywhere........
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: DigiDiva on January 01, 2014, 04:58:29 PM
Mine is to look at having my images displayed somewhere................anywhere........

Nice goal - you could always post a few more in your Gallery here  ;)
Do you have a website Chris?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Alfonso_Frisk

My focus for 2014 will be to use the film gear more.
I had not used film before until September 2013. I have used 3 rolls with only half of the last one which I consider reasonable results. ( the second roll actually snapped in the camera )
So in 2014 its time to knuckle down and start enjoying taking pictures instead of using the "machine gun effect" habit I have grown into whilst out and about.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Sarasocke

I think one resolution must be to take part on CC more. I've let a lot of things slip in 2013 and I really must pull my socks up.
And, like DigiDiva, I intend writing to more magazines or whatever, to try and get some stuff published.

And I want to do a book on Romania, main subject strays and working dogs with "their" people.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Andrew

Quote from: Sarasocke on January 01, 2014, 06:28:26 PM
I think one resolution must be to take part on CC more. I've let a lot of things slip in 2013 and I really must pull my socks up.
And, like DigiDiva, I intend writing to more magazines or whatever, to try and get some stuff published.

And I want to do a book on Romania, main subject strays and working dogs with "their" people.

Just the person Carol  :tup: Apparently I'm visiting Frankfurt in October. It appears you have an annual marathon there and my daughter has elected to take part, so "we're" driving over for a few days either side of the marathon and i'm child minding during the marathon (she's told the 6 year old grand son he can come as he loves Germany).
It'll give me an excuse to get the Fuji out and use up all the memory cards (4) and batteries (2). Might even rise to the challenge with a 2nd lens - but...

As for a book on Romania, according to the news, you don't have to go any where because the Romanians are coming to you  ;)
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Sarasocke

I'm sure we can fix something up Andrew!
The Frankfurt marathon is a really big event, our nephew has often taken part. I just take the photos ...  :legit:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.