• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 135
  • Total: 135
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Genius of photography

Started by guest4, November 08, 2007, 10:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4

Just watched the prog on Beeb 4, not seen any of the other episodes. Concentrated on wartme photojournalism. Was pretty good. Very nearly turned off 10 mins in cos one of the interviewees used the phrase 'visual orgasm' but persevered and was glad I did. Loved the story about the guy Tony Veccario (I think) developing his negatives in soldiers helmets, sitting in a fox hole on a moonless night then hanging them from the trees to dry out. More disturbing was ther Japenese tog Tomatsu (again, I think) telling about going to Nagasaki in 1961 and it was if the A bomb had been wiped from peoples' memories. He said that people with disfiguring bomb wounds were mostly too embarrassed to go out and if they did people didn't realise what was wrong with them. Stirring stuff  ???

Mick

Doh, I've missed it again.  :'(   Haven't seen any of these yet, even though Alf reminded me I still forgot.   They are repeated though so will try and watch.   ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

They are repeated at some time ( like at 0020 hrs the same day ) and I think at another time  and date,(check bbc website)  but there is the option to do as i do and download them from uknova (legally I believe)
Its a good clean site btw.
IMHO and limited experience as a camera user you need to watch this type of prog more than once anyway to appreciate the content.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

vxisme

Hi all, just joined up again,
I watched them while stuck on board ship and was very good for me considering our picture quality and losing the signal every other minute,
and most of the repeated rubbish thats on , so was a bit like winning a gold watch to have something on that kept my attention, most enjoyable.
Donny
Donny  My Gallery

oRGie

I saw them all, overall I was a bit dissapointed, the title led me to expect more than just the Genius's that take pics and some of the commentary actually put me to sleep in 1 of the episodes lol! I think it got a bit better a few episodes in, or maybe I just got used to the narative, was just like that world at war series. Anyway, I do hope they make another series and maybe even touch on techniques and equipment a bit more...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.