• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Poll for November Finalists

Started by skellum, December 13, 2009, 11:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote Here...

Greypoint - In the Wood.  
3 (27.3%)
Greypoint - Bandstand.  
0 (0%)
Jinky - Kirkstall Abbey.  
0 (0%)
Dave - Telephones &  Wheel
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: December 20, 2009, 11:25:02 AM

skellum

Vote here for November Finalists....

Not much interest in this competition ( Voting wise ) so let me know your thoughts and whether or not to carry it on....... :legit:

oRGie

I think its a good idea Dave, tbh I forgot to poke my nose into this section..  Perhaps if you put the poll each month in the weekly comp thread and sticky it, when finished move back in here ?

alan1572

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

picsfor

The monthly is a good idea.
It's just how to promote it.
With the weekly comp you have to make an effort to submit and then you get interested in the outcome. Even if you don't enter you still tend to have a look.
With the monthly - your entry is via winning the weekly - so not as much chance to enter - hence not as much click through.

How about including the 'best runner up' to the entrants, that way just because you haven't won - you may still get in so might be inclined to come and have a look to see if you made it.
I could also suggest having a quarterly comp made up from monthly winners with best runner up which in turn leads to an annual comp with the 4 quarterly winners plus best runner up.

I put this suggestion forward so it might start with January if there is any interest.
If you have a chance of winning pic of the year - you will have an all year interest in what is going on!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.