• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 160
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 174
  • Total: 174
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL Eye catching images. Everyone can vote.

Started by Reinardina, February 09, 2015, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which image would make you pay attention, or look twice?

Image 1

4 (33.3%)
Image 2

1 (8.3%)
Image 3

2 (16.7%)
Image 4

0 (0%)
Image 5

0 (0%)
Image 6

0 (0%)
Image 7

0 (0%)
Image 8

0 (0%)
Image 9

2 (16.7%)
Image 10

3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: February 14, 2015, 10:50:57 AM

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on February 15, 2015, 10:17:48 AM
This was a great idea Reinardina and maybe worth doing again but with a theme. Maybe pick 10 portraits or 10 landscapes, images with a link rather than totally random. Make choosing easier.

All this would do is make this exercise the same as the current weekly competition, which as we all know is the domain of half a dozen or so members. Reinardina is to be congratulated in her efforts to open up the theme to photography in general.

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on February 15, 2015, 11:35:31 AM
This was a great idea Reinardina and maybe worth doing again but with a theme. Maybe pick 10 portraits or 10 landscapes, images with a link rather than totally random. Make choosing easier.

All this would do is make this exercise the same as the current weekly competition, which as we all know is the domain of half a dozen or so members. Reinardina is to be congratulated in her efforts to open up the theme to photography in general.

It wouldn`t be the same as the weekly comp as it would be made up of shots  rather randomly selected by someone rather than  images being actively taken  for a theme within a set period of time. The issue would be how shots were selected and I wonder what the purpose of a vote actually is. Might be a way of picking out some archived images and getting  people to look again but without comment ./ critique I wonder about purpose / what the value would be and how long it would engage people for.

ABERS

Quote from: jinky on February 15, 2015, 01:34:34 PM
Quote from: ABERS on February 15, 2015, 11:35:31 AM

It wouldn`t be the same as the weekly comp as it would be made up of shots  rather randomly selected by someone rather than  images being actively taken  for a theme within a set period of time. The issue would be how shots were selected and I wonder what the purpose of a vote actually is. Might be a way of picking out some archived images and getting  people to look again but without comment ./ critique I wonder about purpose / what the value would be and how long it would engage people for.

Almost the same could be said about the current weekly comp. The setting of a theme only results in a string of five or six pictures, ostensibly all the same. Look at this week's street food entries, and very little if any  useful critique or comment on those.

My continual carping about the weekly comp is only to try and make it attractive to a wider audience, not just to those few that seem to need the stimulus of a theme to get their creative juices flowing.

Still, you'll be glad to hear that I promise never, and never is a long long time, to make any more utterances on the subject. Please enjoy what is the status quo.

Reinardina

It was just a spur of the moment thing; a result of a thread that was running. It was also meant to engage more people. Anything to jack up visitor numbers.

The pictures were randomly chosen from the thumbnails, starting at the very last pages (first pages rather) of the gallery. A fairly time consuming business, as there are loads and loads of pictures. (That no one ever sees. Not even with the random gallery, though that does help.)

Choosing from thumbnails, with my limited sight, meant colours and shapes took priority, apart from the photo of the 'cowboy,' which intrigued me enough, to click on it.

When I am 'housebound' again, with contractors working in the house, I may do it again some time.

But, anyone can do it of course, for all sorts of reasons, and highlighting whatever takes their fancy.

And Alan, don't give up your carping! It's all part of life here on CC.

I have to agree, that the competition is a sad and weak replica of those we had in the past, when a lot of people joined in, and the  quality of the entries, was of a higher standard. I think people do not have the time to spend these days, or maybe competitions are outdated. I know I often enter 'something' just to make up the numbers.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.