• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 54
  • Google
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Deer in Richmond or Bushy Park shoot

Started by krennon, September 10, 2010, 06:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Would anyone be up for a shoot in either Richmond or Bushy Park in early Oct? The rut should be in full swing by then parking is free and if you get up there early enough plentiful...I would suggest if we do Richmond Park, meet and park the cars at Pembroke Lodge then go for a slow bimble (made up word that some friends and I use, now trying to get it into everyday use) around the park, over Sawyers Hill (on a clear day good views over to London) down to the rugby pitches which is where the deer normally congregate, maybe stop at Roehampton for a cuppa, then maybe around the Ballet School (another place where the deer might be) up past the Pen Ponds, then bimble slowly back towards Pembroke Lodge..

Or Bushy Park which is smaller and a lot flatter (so easier bimbling) but not as scenic, but the deer are easier to find on the whole, not such great catering facilities there, couple of nice pubs near Hampton Court, and easier access by public transport....let me know, I am proposing the first or second week in Oct for this shoot....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

picsfor

without a doubt - having missed this for a few years now due to work etc...

krennon

Ok so Just me and Andrew then  ???  so far anyway...I am suggesting the first Saturday in Oct which is the 2nd, purely becuase on the Sunday the kids will be out playing Rugby at Richmond Park so the Deer probably won't be around.
I would suggest meeting at 9 - 9:30 at Pembroke Lodge and we can bimble around from there, if anyone is interested and needs picking up from a station (Norbiton is the nearest but then it's a good 20 -30mins walk to the park) I am quite happy to pick you up, room for 4 passengers....I can also pick people up on route from Surbiton so let me know if you need a lift.....

Let me know if you're interested and I'll pm you my mobile no/e-mail addy etc....

Zenmer

Hi Keth, yep I would be up for this, depending on what I am doing , not 100 % sure yet, but all being well whould be able to make it. will pm you my thingies
Ingrid
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

krennon

Excellent nice one Ingrid, Oh and I got myself a nice SONY A350 a year ago and have got a couple of lenses to boot so not limited with a bridge camera anymore  ;D not the fastest fps rate so still not so good for the parakeets in flight but it's giving me results I'm happy with...have pm'd you my e-mail and mob no..

Sandy

It sounds like it will be a great day, and I hope you get some good photos. Iam staying with a friend in Birmingham that weekend and I hope to get photos at a Indian ladies dance group.

Sandy

Zenmer

Quote from: krennon on September 13, 2010, 02:02:11 PM
Excellent nice one Ingrid, Oh and I got myself a nice SONY A350 a year ago and have got a couple of lenses to boot so not limited with a bridge camera anymore  ;D not the fastest fps rate so still not so good for the parakeets in flight but it's giving me results I'm happy with...have pm'd you my e-mail and mob no..

Nice one Keith, I've now got the D300  and a dedicated macro lens  so fairly well set up  :)
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

krennon

Update....still planning this to go ahead unless the weather is absolutely shite on the day....if you need my mob no pm me.....

Got a couple of people from CC coming as well hopefully...wear sensible footwear, bring a waterproof and possibly a brolly....and some cash for coffees as the only place that takes card in the park is Pembroke Lodge (where we're starting/finishing from...)

krennon

Hope people are still up for this, I am still planning on going ahead unless as previously stated the weather is blowing a force 9.....got a couple of people from camera club coming as well I hope.
Andrew if you can make it (I hope you can) and you need picking up just pm me & I'll give you my number. deer should be in full rut and the parakeets will be as noisy as ever probably....and if the weather is crap there is some covered areas where we may still be able to shelter/shoot from.

See you on Saturday 2nd 9 - 9:30 Pembroke Lodge Car Park.... :tup:

Zenmer

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.