• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread

Started by Jediboy, March 22, 2020, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

SOMETHING GOOD

CHAT THREAD

In these unprecedented times we are hearing awful stories of people being selfish, mean, criminal, but also wonderful stories of people and communities stepping up to help others. I want to focus on the good.
Any photo that conveys ANY sense of GOOD. Interpret how you wish. Be creative, and enjoy.

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 29th March 2020
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 30th March 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 31st March 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 4th April 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

I'll be struggling with this one. I'd hoped for a picture of me replacing my wind battered fence...but the wood that should have been delivered yesterday was postponed until today and not sure it will come now. 2nd plan clear the loft out but oh the tip is shut of course. That and I cannot see my grandchildren and other daughter makes me so sad. I'll keep thinking...

Jediboy

Anything good works Jinky, doesn't have to be a good deed or similar. If you think its good, then its good.

Chris

Oldboy

If you're a funeral director then it's ' Let the good times roll'.  :o  :legit:

Jediboy

I appreciate that people are very limited to what they can do at the moment so this topic can be as open as you wish. Absolutely any interpretation of the theme.
:tup:

Chris

Jediboy

:doh: :o

Quote from: Oldboy on March 24, 2020, 04:03:21 PM
If you're a funeral director then it's ' Let the good times roll'.  :o  :legit:

Chris

anglefire

Quote from: jinky on March 24, 2020, 12:24:05 PM
... but oh the tip is shut of course. ...

I had to go to the office briefly yesterday morning - and that entailed passing the tip - was mental - queues of people trying to get in - clearly had been in the garden over the weekend. No idea what it was like inside - I'd like to think they were keeping 2m apart - especially as many looked to be elderly................
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on March 24, 2020, 06:38:44 PM
Quote from: jinky on March 24, 2020, 12:24:05 PM
... but oh the tip is shut of course. ...

I had to go to the office briefly yesterday morning - and that entailed passing the tip - was mental - queues of people trying to get in - clearly had been in the garden over the weekend. No idea what it was like inside - I'd like to think they were keeping 2m apart - especially as many looked to be elderly................

Why do so many people suggest the elderly don`t get the 2m rule? You see it on facebook all the time too. I`ve found from personal experience they ( and I am meaning those that look 70+) seem more aware than most. At our limited shop at Sainsburys all were observing the distance but one old guy was still steaming down ther aisles in a mask calling - "2 metres please, 2 metres"  ;D

Beaux Reflets

I guess as good as the rest, the egg was too large or the hen has a wrinkly bottom.  :2funny:

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

Popped to the local M&S after work today to do some shopping.
As I pulled into the car park I could see a member of staff giving a homeless chap some food. The staff member took the time to chat to the homeless man, who seemed to really appreciate the kind gesture. Afraid I did not have my camera for this good deed.

Chris

Jediboy

Just after this, as I approached the shop, the homeless man asked me for a cigarette, but I dont smoke couldn't help. I asked if he had enough food from the shop, which he did, but said it was all cold food and he was desperate for a hot meal. I went my wallet and only had £10, so gave that to him. His face lit up and he said, 'I can get a whole pizza with this.'
I hope he could, I think the nearby pizza hut was doing takeaway. His reaction made I day, and I hope he enjoyed his hot meal.

(Still no photo though).

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on March 26, 2020, 09:55:02 PM
Just after this, as I approached the shop, the homeless man asked me for a cigarette, but I dont smoke couldn't help. I asked if he had enough food from the shop, which he did, but said it was all cold food and he was desperate for a hot meal. I went my wallet and only had £10, so gave that to him. His face lit up and he said, 'I can get a whole pizza with this.'
I hope he could, I think the nearby pizza hut was doing takeaway. His reaction made I day, and I hope he enjoyed his hot meal.

(Still no photo though).

Nice gesture. At least this crap going on makes most of us think about others

anglefire

Only a grab shot when I went into the garden to have a play with my new camera.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Oakley lives with one of our neighbours. Don't know where the cat belongs. Oakley is possibly the calmest and most gentle dog I have ever met - she is delightful. She was sharing a moment of exploring the grass with this cat. Our cat just growls at her, which confuses her completely, she doesn't know what to make of it. She comes in to our garden most days to say hello, luckily our evil kitty is usually asleep at the time.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.