• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

BLUR - CHAT - Weekly Challenge 22-30 Nov 2014

Started by oggalily, November 22, 2014, 11:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on December 01, 2014, 08:13:51 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 30, 2014, 11:39:09 PM
Quote from: jinky on November 30, 2014, 06:27:16 PM
Despite all attempts by security I managed to get a couple of shots for the weekly comps in the high security Leeds Christmas German market - just don`t go there with a dslr folks unless you want grief!

Perhaps I should go there with my Nikon 400mm F2.8 lens plus my Manfrotto 058B Triaut Tripod and D3 and set up in the middle of the market! Has the local paper(s) printed an image of the Christmas Market, if so point out that they didn't use a small camera.  :(

Yes but they probably got advance permission / permit and a sign up says by entering you agree to have your photo taken  for all official publicity! I might object and ask one of the security staff to make an arbitrary health and safety ruling on  the basis that I`ll smash the camera in their face!

How difficult is it to get a press card? Or become the official photographer for 'something?'
A friend of mine, was the official photographer for a charity (unpaid and mainly to photograph their regular events), and had their 'Official Photographer' card dangling round his neck. It worked virtually everywhere.

I still find it strange though, that a main public square, paid for by the tax payer, can have its 'right of way' legally withdrawn.
Are there no retired lawyers in the Leeds group, or the wider photographic community, who would like to look into it?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

oggalily

OK folks, poll is up so please vote early and often   :)

I'm pleased to see a variety of interpretations, whether due to open shutter aperture, long exposure, or intentional (I hope) camera movement. Good stuff this week!

Hinfrance

Mine is zoom blur, so that's another technique to add :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

And mine is custom bokeh shaping so that's another.

oggalily

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 02, 2014, 02:15:56 PM
Mine is zoom blur, so that's another technique to add :)
Ah, I thought you wobbled the camera while taking the shot. 

I discovered both these effects a few years ago and went a bit nuts with them at Isabella Plantations in Richmond Park when the azaleas and rhodies were in bloom.  I really liked the results.

https://www.flickr.com/search?user_id=9835814%40N02&sort=relevance&text=intentional%20camera%20movement

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.