• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 102
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

BLUR - CHAT - Weekly Challenge 22-30 Nov 2014

Started by oggalily, November 22, 2014, 11:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggalily

This is the CHAT THREAD

ENTRY THREAD HERE

This week's theme is BLUR: Your picture this week should use blur for creative effect.  Either the main subject can be intentionally blurry or you can make use of background blur (that's bokeh, dahling).  Or do something else I haven't thought of, it's up to you. A shot of Damon Albarn, maybe?  Good luck and have fun.

Pictures to be taken between 22nd and 30th November 2014.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 1 Dec 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 2 Dec 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 22nd November 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

DigiDiva

I added motion blur to last weeks picture - this time I will try for real blur!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 22, 2014, 12:01:19 PM

Drink a bottle of wine....that will give you blurred vision!  :P

spikeyjen

and if you don't wear glasses, the vision will be blurry

Reinardina

Went to town on Black Friday, to photograph some shoppers.
Decided to enter this one:

Blur in the stairwell

And can someone please add something to a thread, it does not matter which one, but I'm sick and tired to see my face all over the front page!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

There you go R  ;)
Hoping to get a shot in town tomorrow. Aiming to upset the powers that be in Leeds by shooting in the Christmas market with a dreaded slr. Of course I`ll be polite and stop if asked to.... :)

oggalily

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 22, 2014, 12:01:19 PM

As far as I am concerned, it is OK to add blur in post-processing for this comp.    :)

oggalily

One from last weekend, trying to enliven the drudgery of raking:

loveclose

My apologies to all.

I have removed my image of 'Enham'.  Unfortunately I messed up and uploaded an image file which I took prior to the date entry allowance.

Having just bought my latest and greatest box brownie, I always end up trying it out over a week or two at this church which is probably around 500yds away from my house.

All the Enham church photos I take are in the same folder - at least the ones taken on the new cam are in the same folder.  I edited the wrong photo and then uploaded it to this comp in error.

My mistake and error.  Apologies to anyone who may have noticed and questioned the obvious.  As such, it is easier to just live and learn here, and remove it and try again another day.  Competition rules are competition rules.

Best wishes to all,

Peter (aka Loveclose)
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

Hinfrance

That's very gracious of you Peter.

As I promised a while ago, I have set up a poll to decide whether we should change the rules on this.

The poll is HERE
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: loveclose on November 30, 2014, 05:00:50 PM
My apologies to all.

I have removed my image of 'Enham'.  Unfortunately I messed up and uploaded an image file which I took prior to the date entry allowance.

Having just bought my latest and greatest box brownie, I always end up trying it out over a week or two at this church which is probably around 500yds away from my house.

All the Enham church photos I take are in the same folder - at least the ones taken on the new cam are in the same folder.  I edited the wrong photo and then uploaded it to this comp in error.

My mistake and error.  Apologies to anyone who may have noticed and questioned the obvious.  As such, it is easier to just live and learn here, and remove it and try again another day.  Competition rules are competition rules.

Best wishes to all,

Peter (aka Loveclose)

If you've been shooting recently, you may have one that falls within the competition dates. You still have time to edit and upload.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Despite all attempts by security I managed to get a couple of shots for the weekly comps in the high security Leeds Christmas German market - just don`t go there with a dslr folks unless you want grief!

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on November 30, 2014, 06:27:16 PM
Despite all attempts by security I managed to get a couple of shots for the weekly comps in the high security Leeds Christmas German market - just don`t go there with a dslr folks unless you want grief!

Perhaps I should go there with my Nikon 400mm F2.8 lens plus my Manfrotto 058B Triaut Tripod and D3 and set up in the middle of the market! Has the local paper(s) printed an image of the Christmas Market, if so point out that they didn't use a small camera.  :(

loveclose

Quote from: Reinardina on November 30, 2014, 06:09:05 PM
Quote from: loveclose on November 30, 2014, 05:00:50 PM
My apologies to all.

Best wishes to all,

Peter (aka Loveclose)

If you've been shooting recently, you may have one that falls within the competition dates. You still have time to edit and upload.

Thanks for the thought, but have been laid low with a right booger of an infection Atm!!  Best just ter live and learn and I'll try again soon.  Need an excuse to use the new box brownie anyway!!
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on November 30, 2014, 11:39:09 PM
Quote from: jinky on November 30, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

Perhaps I should go there with my Nikon 400mm F2.8 lens plus my Manfrotto 058B Triaut Tripod and D3 and set up in the middle of the market! Has the local paper(s) printed an image of the Christmas Market, if so point out that they didn't use a small camera.  :(

Yes but they probably got advance permission / permit and a sign up says by entering you agree to have your photo taken  for all official publicity! I might object and ask one of the security staff to make an arbitrary health and safety ruling on  the basis that I`ll smash the camera in their face!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.