• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: Oldboy on July 16, 2020, 08:02:58 PM
The claim on the credit card rules may be different in France, but in the UK you can claim against the Credit card company directly without going to the company. It's in the consumer credit act. No if's or but's. That's the whole point of paying by credit card.  :tup:

Sorry Oldboy, no you can't. It is what is iin the CCA. The card company is liable only if a refund is not forthcoming from the contracted supplier and the amount exceeds £100. I was a manager with a card company, I know the CCA inside out. There may be card companies that will pay despite it not being their legal obligation on the grounds of administrative costs exceeding reimbursement costs, but they have no legal obligation to do so. Also, if a supplier is in administration/liquidation there is no need to approach them first as the insolvency is a matter of public record.

In France you can't claim against the card company at all. Customer service is an alien concept.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on July 16, 2020, 09:15:24 PM
Quote from: jinky on July 16, 2020, 03:04:43 PM
Another holiday bites the dust!  :'(  My last hope of getting abroad this year was to be a week in Madeira in September. The flights are going , the hotel is open but the company I paid my deposit to has gone bust! Friends we are going with had paid in full but we`d paid 2/3rds after a messaging experience on their facebook page left me with concerns and they gave me wriggle room. No problem anyway money wise as it is ATOL protected so just waiting for the claim form to materialise but so annoying. never mind - already booked an alternative week in Cornwall with the same friends - what could possibly go wrong?

What a pain!
Sorry to hear this but good news that you can get tie money back.
We are going to Cornwall tomorrow. Looking forward to the break but it is with some trepidation.

Have a great time. Be interested to hear how it goes. Stories about locals with signs saying "Go home" on road bridges a week or so back. Guessing it's calmed now.

Hinfrance

I have a friend who is in Cornwall at the moment, he's not having any problems, other than the usual Cornish hostility towards grockles :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 17, 2020, 07:58:43 AM
I have a friend who is in Cornwall at the moment, he's not having any problems, other than the usual Cornish hostility towards grockles :tup:

I lived in Southport near Bournemouth when I was about 21 and there was no issue with Grockles - we went to the pub, bar staff knew us, got us our drinks and we paid when they were less busy. Did upset the grockles a bit. But no hostility on our part ;)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 17, 2020, 07:58:43 AM

I thought it was in Devon  that locals called outsiders grockles. Cornish call them emmets don`t they?

Hinfrance

You're right Probably a capital offence in Cornwall to get that wrong!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 18, 2020, 10:56:00 AM
You're right Probably a capital offence in Cornwall to get that wrong!

I`ll tell you what they call me when I go - probably much worse than either  :2funny:

Jediboy

So far we've been made to feel welcome. I'm sure it'll stay that way. 🤞
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

(Not today but yesterday evening).

I went to a local reservoir/nature reserve to try and get my horizon photo for the weekly competition. Its a beautiful spot and has a small country park. Yesterday evening a large number of cars had driven onto the grass park area that cars are not allowed on to. Music was blasting out, large numbers of people drinking and what appeared to be quite a lot of litter thrown around (the cynic in me didn't think that they would clear up after themselves!)
It was just me that was less than impressed. I saw a few others with disapproving looks on their faces.
And when I pulled into the car park, one of the cars shot out in front of me, luckily I managed to stop. I suspect that they were drink driving.

It annoys me that people go to such a beautiful spot and behave in such a way.  >:(

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on August 02, 2020, 02:08:01 PM
(Not today but yesterday evening).

I went to a local reservoir/nature reserve to try and get my horizon photo for the weekly competition. Its a beautiful spot and has a small country park. Yesterday evening a large number of cars had driven onto the grass park area that cars are not allowed on to. Music was blasting out, large numbers of people drinking and what appeared to be quite a lot of litter thrown around (the cynic in me didn't think that they would clear up after themselves!)
It was just me that was less than impressed. I saw a few others with disapproving looks on their faces.
And when I pulled into the car park, one of the cars shot out in front of me, luckily I managed to stop. I suspect that they were drink driving.

It annoys me that people go to such a beautiful spot and behave in such a way.  >:(

I quite agree. If you asked them why they come there they would reply, " it's a nice place to visit", to which I would reply, "Well it won't be if selfish prats like you visit!" It really annoys me when people don't look after the environment.  >:( :uglystupid2:

Jediboy

And today I'm annoyed that I have lost my 10 stop filter. Can't find it anywhere!  >:(

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on August 03, 2020, 09:43:05 AM
And today I'm annoyed that I have lost my 10 stop filter. Can't find it anywhere!  >:(

Hope you find it. How does stuff go missing? In the last 2 months I`ve lost my slr gorillapod, a flashgun for my LX100 which granted I never use and a small screw in piece for my Fuji camera case that renders it useless which dropped at my feet in my "office" but refuses to be found. Annoying!

Jediboy

I suspect it will turn up in an obvious place, no doubt where I left it!! One of life's mysteries.
Hope you find your bits too.

Chris

Reinardina

I received a letter from my bank telling me they were going to reduce the limit on my credit card 'to help me manage my money.' This could 'help keep me financially secure.'

Do I continually max it out and struggle to pay it off?
No. Since the invention of the debit card, I only use my credit cards as extra security for things like holidays, expensive purchases and flight tickets. And I pay the bill in full every time.

My bank balance is very healthy, so what are they thinking?

I have not used this particular card for some time, preferring a different one, but I want these cards as a safety net for emergencies, particularly when I am abroad.

I suppose it's a case of 'use it or lose it,' but I cannot remember if it said anything along those lines, when I signed up all those years ago.

I may now use it occasionally, but the idea that shopkeepers have to pay for this 'service' puts me of.

The idea that a large national bank is looking after me is very touching though. It almost moved me to tears.  :o >:(

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

I wonder if it's a generic letter that's sent out to everyone, with no thought about the individual customer??

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.