• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 94
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 120
  • Total: 120
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - CAMERA IN THE FRAME:Weekly Comp 22/3 to 29/3 2015

Started by Hinfrance, March 22, 2015, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CAMERA IN THE FRAME: CHAT THREAD

ENTRIES THREAD HERE

A simple theme for this week. Anything you like just as long as somewhere in the shot there is a recognisable camera. Be as inventive as you like; do a product shot or something more adventurous - it's up to you.

All photos to be taken by midnight on Sunday 29th March.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 30th March 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 31st March 2015. 
Winner to be announced Saturday 4th April 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

I like the simple ones, will see what I can come up with  :idea:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

spikeyjen

Hinfrance

It might help a bit Jen if you're gallery images weren't so small - maybe consider uploading at 1200 (or more px) instead of 800px on the long side?

Notwithstanding that, yep I can see the camera on the tripod ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

oggalily

I have an idea this week but it's a bit elaborate and as usual I have no time.  We shall see.  Nice topic anyway H.

Matthew

I haven't forgot about entering this, still coming up with a shot. Working all weekend but that won't deter me. Hopefully get something in over the weekend.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hinfrance

I haven't got the first idea about what to do for this . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Mine will have to come from my daughters wedding - I`m sure there`ll be plenty of cameras there. Does and Ipad count as a camera if people are taking photos with it as I am sure there will be one or two of them around spoiling the official shots!

DigiDiva

Course iPad counts. Go for it. Enjoy daughters wedding and hope all goes fab.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Interesting DD.

An iPad is to a camera as a car is to an armchair . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

DigiDiva

This is a photography forum not a DSLR forum. There's nothing anywhere in the rules that specifies  what equipment you can and can't use. Its a competition and we want to attract as many entries as wecan, not put people off. I personally would only use my DSLR for any images I post here but that's my choice.

Does anyone else think an iPad shouldn't be used on here? An interesting debate Hinfrance.

ABERS

Such a debate was started a couple of weeks ago, but obviously didn't excite many people and it fizzled out quite quickly, as usual.  :doh:

http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4289.0

DigiDiva

Yes, a similar debate however, this specifically relates to here and the weekly comp which doesn't attract many sadly.

Reinardina

This is not about whether or not you can take photographs with a phone or a tablet. Entries taken with these appliances are not ruled out, as far as I am aware. And I'm sure, we have had entries taken on a mobile phone.

In this case however, the brief states that the image must have a recognisable camera in the frame. Phones and iPads are not cameras; if they were, Jinky would not have had to ask the question.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 28, 2015, 12:51:32 PM
Yes, a similar debate however, this specifically relates to here and the weekly comp which doesn't attract many sadly.

Perhaps the briefs are not exciting or challenging enough . Who would have thought 'Fading light ' would be won by a sunset!

No-one has mentioned Scanners, after all decent images can be created using a scanner (flowers etc).

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.