• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale

Started by Hinfrance, August 03, 2020, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

My lovely neighbour is now in his 70s and has given up sitting in hides for hours on end to get that one good wildlife shot.

As a result he has decided to sell his immaculate 500mm f/4 telephoto lens. It is in mint condition and comes not only with it's own carry case, but also with a heavy duty tripod to support it. Shipping would be extra depending on where it is sent.

Price €4000, currently around £3600. It cost him twice that so I don't think he would want to haggle, especially not with the tripod being part of the package.

So, it's a lot of money, but it is a bargain for what it is.

Please message me if you are interested, or if you know of anyone else who might be.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

No good for me as it won't fit a Nikon.  :P

At that price it's a bargain.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Indeed Oldboy it's a very good price, especially as it is absolutely mint. He's the kind of guy who has a spreadsheet for the service intervals on his lawnmower :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I'd love it - but the wife would kill me I think!

Also make a lovely 1000mm f8 with a 2x converter on - my 300mm with a 2x is fabulous.

Just looked at WEX - the Mk2 is over £9k - so indeed a bargain even if it is the mk1 - which I assume it is.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on August 04, 2020, 08:41:53 PM
I'd love it - but the wife would kill me I think!

Also make a lovely 1000mm f8 with a 2x converter on - my 300mm with a 2x is fabulous.

Just looked at WEX - the Mk2 is over £9k - so indeed a bargain even if it is the mk1 - which I assume it is.

I'll check, but I do think it is a Mk1.

Don't suppose you know anyone elsse who might be interested? Your wife perhaps? Would make a wonderful anniversary or birthday present, and then you could borrow it . .   :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 04, 2020, 09:28:37 PM

Don't suppose you know anyone elsse who might be interested? Your wife perhaps? Would make a wonderful anniversary or birthday present, and then you could borrow it . .   :legit:

Good try.  :2funny: :2funny:

anglefire

I did mention it was available. I got a grunt........  :o
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.