• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Google
  • Baidu
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Leading Lines

Started by Skhilled, June 25, 2011, 02:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Here are a few shots I felt had good leading lines. They were not PP or edited in any way as I was more concerned with sharpness and composition. Click on them to see the full pictures.

All comments are welcome.

Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Markulous

Not sure what comments you're after but FWIW, these are my thoughts:
#1 Needs something (object, patch of light, etc) on the RHS to lead to, or rather to stop the eye going out on the RHS
#2 Too much tarmac - not so much that it is tarmac but it's just without detail (getting down low would get around this, to a degree, as it would cut down on the amount)
#3 Not entirely convincing as a leading line as you've large amounts of path and grass
#4 This is more like it! Path well surrounded by trees/bushes and some interesting light
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Skhilled

Thank you very much for the comments! Now I know what to look for. The sun was in and out a lot that day due to the coming thunderstorms. :P

#1 - I thought the way the trees lined up was interesting. Maybe I should have cropped out the path.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.