• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 11
  • Total: 11
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Are tattoed people stereotyped?

Started by Matthew, August 11, 2013, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Nice to see it sparked a nice debate and lots of honest opinions. I agree, we all go on first impressions, it's part of what makes us human. Reinardina, don't worry, I researched the design for several days using authentic sites that teach Chinese, the artist who tattooed me confirmed it too, haha....would be a bit embarrassing to go around with "egg fried rice" or "lawnmower" permanently on your skin  :D ;D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: Matthew on August 12, 2013, 07:06:49 PM
Nice to see it sparked a nice debate and lots of honest opinions. I agree, we all go on first impressions, it's part of what makes us human. Reinardina, don't worry, I researched the design for several days using authentic sites that teach Chinese, the artist who tattooed me confirmed it too, haha....would be a bit embarrassing to go around with "egg fried rice" or "lawnmower" permanently on your skin  :D ;D

If it was lawnmower, Mick might ban you from this site!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 12, 2013, 07:22:56 PM
Quote from: Matthew on August 12, 2013, 07:06:49 PM

If it was lawnmower, Mick might ban you from this site!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

spinner

When I was a young man, Jo Brand's viewpoint was prevalent. I've come to accept it's entirely different now a days. Both my kids and their friends have tats, they're all 30 somethings. My prevalent thought however is, "you'll be sorry when you're old". Oddly though the other day I heard a radio ad for laser tattoo removal, so I wonder if the trend is going off.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Does anybody have body piercing, that other form of self proclamation that seems to be designed either to shock or throw airport scanners into mayhem.

A parcel delvery driver called a couple of months ago with what looked like two bath plugs inserted into his ear lobes plus a variety of metal objects inserted into various parts of his face.  :o

What's that all about?   :-\

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 13, 2013, 07:15:01 AM
Does anybody have body piercing, that other form of self proclamation that seems to be designed either to shock or throw airport scanners into mayhem.

A parcel delvery driver called a couple of months ago with what looked like two bath plugs inserted into his ear lobes plus a variety of metal objects inserted into various parts of his face.  :o

He's into heavy metal!  :P

Cabbyjohn

I once saw a hippy type couple, mid 30s on Piccadilly railway station Manchester. Apart from being very heavily tattooed,  they both had dozens of rings piercing their top and bottom lips, ears eyes and nose's. They looked hideous. I would hate to think what they will look like if and when they have all the rings removed.   ???

Markulous

Can't say I'm keen nowadays and am always reminded of Helen Mirren's comment on the tat she has on her hand: "Had it done when I was significantly drunk and, now everyone's got one, am embarrassed by it". I used to like them when they were unusual and interesting but bored by them now
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

alexharrison101

I have a lip piercing and used to have my eyebrow and ears x 2 in each...lip piercing is the only one I wear any more and I take it out for work.
EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexharrison101/

Matthew

I hope his next delivery isn't a consignment of fridge magnets...... :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jediboy

I'm hoping o get anther tattoo soon. It'll be discreet again, work on wife not too keen on anything too visible. Got some ideas so hopefully not too long now.
I think that tattooing as almost addictive, and people with one tattoo will likely get another.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

alexharrison101

Quote from: Jediboy on August 13, 2013, 08:39:48 PM
I'm hoping o get anther tattoo soon. It'll be discreet again, work on wife not too keen on anything too visible. Got some ideas so hopefully not too long now.
I think that tattooing as almost addictive, and people with one tattoo will likely get another.

i'd agree with the addictive nature of tattooing. i'm already eyeing up my next one - again, like you, it will be in a discreet place.
EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

ABERS

Out of interest , how much does a tattoo cost?

alexharrison101

depends on the skill/reputation of the tattooist, size and amount of colour. some do price by time taken too. mine have ranged between £25 and £60. for the same ones i was quoted £120-155 at a different tattooist, so it really can vary...

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 14, 2013, 12:27:24 PM
Out of interest , how much does a tattoo cost?

Are you thinking of having one done?  :-* :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.