POLL - Anything GoesAnything goes - Chat Thre...Anything goes - Entry thr...Flowers in the Garden - P...CLOUDS - CHAT thread - we...CLOUDS - ENTRY thread - w...Flowers in the Garden - E...Flowers in the Garden - C...POLL - In the KitchenIn The Kitchen - CHAT THR...In the Kitchen - ENTRY TH...Royalty - PollWhat annoyed you today?Royalty - Chat ThreadTrees POLLTREES chat thread 5th-12t...

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 706184 times)

Offline Oldboy

Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #4050 on: April 19, 2021, 08:31:23 PM »
I was very annoyed and quite angry yesterday.

My 11 year old son plays for the local village team, and on match days one of the parents usually does the job of linesman. Yesterday it was my turn. I will admit to not being an expert on the rules of football, and much prefer rugby so have more knowledge of the laws there.
Anyway, at one point I waved the flag for offside, but as the player (of the opposing team) wasn't interfering with play, the ref ignored it and allowed the teams to play on.
At that point the opposition team coach shouted at me as to why I was waving the flag for that as his player wasn't interfering with play.

I explained to him that I haven't had any training and was simply doing my best, and it wasn't a problem as the ref had ignored it. I told him that he should get someone else to run the line.

He then shouted at me, 'I'll f'ing knock you out!'

This was right in front of my 11 year old son. I was furious. I ignored this at the time but spoke to the ref after the game who had heard it and said he would include it in his match day report.

My son was not too upset, but kept saying how ridiculous it was. He shouldn't have witnessed this at a kids football match.
Rant over.

If he had said that to me I'd have replied just try it.  >:(

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #4051 on: April 19, 2021, 09:51:34 PM »
It was very tempting Oldboy. But I was the bigger man and didn't react. Wasn't easy but I managed it.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4052 on: April 19, 2021, 10:55:07 PM »
It was very tempting Oldboy. But I was the bigger man and didn't react. Wasn't easy but I managed it.

Quite correct.  :tup: