• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT thread for weekly comp 22nd August --- 28th August--- The Great Outdoors

Started by jimthetrain, August 21, 2011, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimthetrain

This weeks subject is ---- THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Anything that depicts the beauty of the outdoors in your country.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 22nd August 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 28th August 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 29th August 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 30th August 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 3rd September 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Reinardina

Probably be brollies and floods! The weather is fine at the moment here in Soton, but from tonight onwards, we're back to thundery showers and mayhem. They say. And today I'm housebound, by housewifely apron strings, IE chores.

Never had a proper go at 'the world in a tropical rainstorm,' so it may well be a good thing; if I don't drown or attract a lighting strike, I may learn something new.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

greypoint

Ah..the beauty of the local outdoors...a few shots of warehouses perhaps  :D

Reinardina

Well, I did wear wellies on my shooting trip. It was raining, but I managed to find some weather resistant outdoor life!

Oldboy

The weather people forecast rain in Birmingham today, but all we had was clouds this morning and sunshine in the afternoon. This evening the weather forecaster said she didn't know what happen to the rain?  :uglystupid2:

jimthetrain

I left work around 10:45 this morning and headed north to escape the rain that never materialised. Only day I have available to shoot something. The reservoir at Haweswater is at it's lowest I've seen for along time. Expect a hosepipe ban in the north west mid October.  :uglystupid2:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Reinardina

Rang a friend in Holland this evening, and they had all 'our' thunderstorms! They apparently passed to the south of us and went to France and Holland. We just had rain. Nothing spectacular, just wet.

Hinfrance

Today, after a week of heatwave, we have finally got the place to ourselves and I was in a position to contemplate getting a shot or two. But now it's persistently raining, as they say, so I am literally taking a raincheck - at least for today.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

persisting it down in the Rose of the Shires too..and I've got the day off work :'(

Reinardina

Just stopped raining here. I think I might have seen something akin to the sun just now!

I'll have to be quick though as it is supposed to return later today!

Sunshine and showers tomorrow.

Beaux Reflets

With a broad category there were lots of opportunities this week.

This was my other choice, but the first grips me more on the second view.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Markulous

Luckily had one I'd taken this week that matched the title - despite having the 7D with me I used the G11 as we didn't stop (too many people with our 3 dogs!) but quite pleased with what it turned out
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Delamanda

Went out today to a new location I've discovered with the intention of shooting something for this week's comp. and once I'd set everything up, realised I didn't have a single SD card with me :doh:  Moral of tale - stick to habit of having SD cards kicking around in fluffy bits of pockets and bottom of bag and don't try and be smart by clearing and formatting them all in one go!  I've had to go with something from earlier in the week ...

Oldboy

Quote from: Delamanda on August 28, 2011, 06:54:39 PM
Went out today to a new location I've discovered with the intention of shooting something for this week's comp. and once I'd set everything up, realised I didn't have a single SD card with me :doh:  Moral of tale - stick to habit of having SD cards kicking around in fluffy bits of pockets and bottom of bag and don't try and be smart by clearing and formatting them all in one go!  I've had to go with something from earlier in the week ...

Done that before, which is why I always carry spares in my pocket.  :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.