• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Birmingham

Took mine off about 14 years ago after watching a colleague at work lose his finger (wedding ring got caught on the pitot probe on a Tornado - that's a sticky out pointy bit btw). Decided my finger was worth more than the ring. tried it on a few weeks ago - it's way too small now.
Al Birmingham

Hybridphotog

Decided to have a late morning/early afternoon stroll along the beach at Walton-on-the-Naze... trying not to make it too obvious I'm looking for fossils.

I did find a fossil... I think. It looks like some bark, but is much darker and heavier than wood. :)

ABERS

POWER TO THE PEOPLE (BLOGGER) :tup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8335153.stm

I was amused to read this on the BBC website. The people in question surely do not have the two essential qualities to be a politician, a complete disregard for public opinion and a skin as thick as a Rhino.

greypoint

My dealings with my three local councillors are a bit mixed. When they decided to chop down most of the trees in the park next door 4 or so years ago I wrote to each of them and only one bothered to reply. The one who's views on politics are somewhat different to mine! To give him his due he seems to work hard for his expenses. Of course in certain matters you wonder why we have a local council A planning application to concrete over a large area of farmland at the top end of town building over 3000 houses plus industrial units in an area where the infrastructure is already overstretched.which was unwanted by local residents and turned down by the council [we're already growing by a third to the east and have hundreds of unsold flats and house in current developments as well as plenty of empty factories and offices] has been rubber stamped on appeal by this uncaring and dictatorial government. It's about time local people had a say when their environment is being ruined by those who've never even visited the area :(

hevans

The wife went to the Expat shop yesterday...this morning: full English with real sausages, mushrooms, proper bacon. Ahhh....I can feel the arteries and veins furring.

:)

H.

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on October 31, 2009, 08:18:12 AM
POWER TO THE PEOPLE (BLOGGER) :tup:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8335153.stm
I was amused to read this on the BBC website. The people in question surely do not have the two essential qualities to be a politician, a complete disregard for public opinion and a skin as thick as a Rhino.

Yes i was amused when i read about it this morning.
From the West Country? Anywhere near Bath?

Graham

I have a man arriving tomorrow to fit French doors to the garage (Long story, don't ask!).
   Well it was my job to get home from work and remove the existing Up&over door and frame... you know, the the kind with a "man killer" spring!
   Armed only with a crowbar and some rusty wire cutters the job was done in less tham 8 mins. :tup:
         And I only lost one arm and 6 fingers!
                          Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Well, last evening actually. Yet another CFL failed, this time in the porch lamp. So I replaced it with a proper 75 watt incandescent light bulb. Now the path to the door is actually illuminated. Result.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hybridphotog

Main data backed-up, Ubuntu 9.10 dvd downloaded and currently being burned to a rewritable. I might actually.. finally.. get a home partition set up correctly!

Hinfrance

Let us know how you get on. I was about install 9.10 when I read about some issues . .  so my dual boot machine is still running 9.04.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on November 04, 2009, 06:40:13 PM
   I have a man arriving tomorrow to fit French doors to the garage (Long story, don't ask!).
   Well it was my job to get home from work and remove the existing Up&over door and frame... you know, the the kind with a "man killer" spring!
   Armed only with a crowbar and some rusty wire cutters the job was done in less tham 8 mins. :tup:
         And I only lost one arm and 6 fingers!
                          Graham. :)

I hope the six fingers aren't on one hand!  :2funny: :2funny:

Hybridphotog

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 06, 2009, 06:58:32 PM
Let us know how you get on. I was about install 9.10 when I read about some issues . .  so my dual boot machine is still running 9.04.
Well, the Live CD thing worked ok-ish.. but those tend to be a bit awkward on my system anyway. The majority of my 5yr old system worked ok though, so I'm ploughing on with the upgrade.
I'm posting this via my fussy N95 and a wireless network connection. Fingers crossed..

Wmmfgt?
Finally getting full-time employment, in the form of a supervisor role at the shop I've been a part-timer for. :)

Hybridphotog

Quote from: Hybridphotog on November 06, 2009, 08:45:11 PM
Well, the Live CD thing worked ok-ish.. but those tend to be a bit awkward on my system anyway. The majority of my 5yr old system worked ok though, so I'm ploughing on with the upgrade.
I'm posting this via my fussy N95 and a wireless network connection. Fingers crossed..

So much for that.. I've downloaded.. or ended up with, at least, a corrupted dvd. Time for another download.. from a *reputable* source this time, I think.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hybridphotog on November 06, 2009, 08:45:11 PM
Wmmfgt?
Finally getting full-time employment, in the form of a supervisor role at the shop I've been a part-timer for. :)

Well done Dave.  :tup: ;D

Alfonso_Frisk

Congrats on the promotion Dave. Good time of year to get a pay rise as well matey.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.