• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: greypoint on August 17, 2009, 06:37:00 AM
When researching the lens before buying I saw a review on a Sony/Dynax site that said the lens gave bad results on the high resolution models from Sony - I think it was on the lines of bad CA. One often overlooked feature of the D300 and D90 is the inbuilt CA reduction which dpreview reckons to make all lenses seem that bit better than they might on other cameras. I can't put that to the test at present. One thing that was proved again yesterday when hammering out action shots was just how good the 70-300mm vr is.

Having read the article, I've set my apeture to between 6.3 and 8 for any shooting I've done in the last two weeks and it has made a huge difference in sharpness.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

wendoureecat

Having thought I lost 4 years worth of photos when my external harddrive decided to stop talking to the computer and looking at the dvds i thought i had backed them up to finding nothing i spent the last two months searching for a circuit board thingy to get power to the drive with only a slim chance of getting the photos off I found one in america and it arrived yesterday. Am now a very happy camper with all my photos back and backed up on dvd (and all folders opened and checked) and can stop beating myself up for not checking my backups.  :)

Jonathan

Concept2.  10K  43m13.5s.  Finally I'm not on the last page of world rankings......
It's Guest's round

hssutton

Quote from: wendoureecat on August 26, 2009, 09:43:33 AM
Having thought I lost 4 years worth of photos when my external harddrive decided to stop talking to the computer and looking at the dvds i thought i had backed them up to finding nothing i spent the last two months searching for a circuit board thingy to get power to the drive with only a slim chance of getting the photos off I found one in america and it arrived yesterday. Am now a very happy camper with all my photos back and backed up on dvd (and all folders opened and checked) and can stop beating myself up for not checking my backups.  :)

Is this the type thing you're refering to, a Sata/Ide hard disk adaptor with power supply. If so I bought one from Maplins a few months ago. A brilliant piece of kit, can't remember the cost, but it was well below £20

http://www.usbnow.co.uk/Adapters_&_Connectors-USB_to_IDE_Adapters/c42_46/p52/USB_2.0_IDE_&_SATA_Cable_(with_Power_Supply)/product_info.html

Harry

bones615

Just had a bag of m&m's with a promo code inside, entered it on the website & i've won a rubbish dvd.

Simon

wendoureecat

Quote from: hssutton on August 26, 2009, 05:52:27 PM
Quote from: wendoureecat on August 26, 2009, 09:43:33 AM

Is this the type thing you're refering to, a Sata/Ide hard disk adaptor with power supply. If so I bought one from Maplins a few months ago. A brilliant piece of kit, can't remember the cost, but it was well below £20

http://www.usbnow.co.uk/Adapters_&_Connectors-USB_to_IDE_Adapters/c42_46/p52/USB_2.0_IDE_&_SATA_Cable_(with_Power_Supply)/product_info.html

Harry

No its not but it looks good. I had an external hard drive that I used as a backup and when I had to reinstall everything on my computer I put everything on the external drive so I could just copy it across later. Unfortunately when I plugged it back in there was a burning smell coming from it. Luckily it was just the power to the circuit board and after we replaced that it worked again. I had backed up everything to disc but I must have done something wrong with the zip files cause when I went to open them they werent there. Have learnt a valuble lesson and now have three backups all checked that the files are there  :) . But I tell you one thing I have felt sick ever since it happened that I might never get those photos back........just sentimental I guess.

JCoePhotography

A lovely afternoon with hubby and kids at the seaside, ice-creams, kids spending money on cheaply made novelty toys (that broke once we got home!!) fish and chips on the beach - was a lovely day!!
Oh and getting the non-slip cover for the pillion seat of my hubby's motorbike - now I won't keep climbing up his back every time he brakes!!  :2funny:

Oldboy

Quote from: konia09 on August 26, 2009, 09:19:23 PM
A lovely afternoon with hubby and kids at the seaside, ice-creams, kids spending money on cheaply made novelty toys (that broke once we got home!!) fish and chips on the beach - was a lovely day!!
Oh and getting the non-slip cover for the pillion seat of my hubby's motorbike - now I won't keep climbing up his back every time he brakes!!  :2funny:
Glad you had a great day out.  ;D
It was dull and raining all day here until about 18:30.  :(

bones615

Now you will just head butt him harder every time he stops :)

JCoePhotography

Quote from: Oldboy on August 26, 2009, 09:40:14 PM
Glad you had a great day out.  ;D
It was dull and raining all day here until about 18:30.  :(

Well it was very windy and we did get a little bit of rain when we were getting our fish and chips, but it stopped when we left the chippy!! But it was a much better day weather wise than what I thought it was supposed to be, I just hope the weekend is going to be ok, Hubby's off to Cadwell Park for the BSB, so hoping weather will be good for him!!

Quote from: bones615 on August 26, 2009, 09:47:23 PM

Now you will just head butt him harder every time he stops :)

:2funny: :2funny:

bones615

My SDS drill went out with a bang, smell of burnt electrics & tripped the breaker. Took it apart and eventually found the power cord was faulty where the cable was clamped inside the drill. Cut out the duff bit and away she went, satisfaction of fixing something & a few pennies saved on a replacement.

Oldboy

Quote from: bones615 on August 29, 2009, 06:36:59 PM
My SDS drill went out with a bang, smell of burnt electrics & tripped the breaker. Took it apart and eventually found the power cord was faulty where the cable was clamped inside the drill. Cut out the duff bit and away she went, satisfaction of fixing something & a few pennies saved on a replacement.

As you've done it once now, we could say you know the drill!!!!  :-[  :tup:

stevebedder

Our 4 year old son has gone to Guernsey with his grandparents for a few days today, we had to get up at 6am to collect the grandparents and drop them at the airport.

My wife and I went in to wake him up and he was pretending to be asleep with HUGE grin on his face and was sooooooo excited. He didn't stop talking all the time he was in the car about what they were going to be doing whilst on Guernsey.

;D ;D

Steve

jinky

He`ll have a great time Steve - great little island and a trip to Herme and Sark adds to the magic.

WMMFGT - well yesterday really.
Went to Malham in the Dales to see a hotel proprietor about doing a shoot of his hotel for his website / displays. Discussed it and agreed an October date and in return for my day shoot there  will be getting two nights bed and board for two in their best four poster room. Selling myself a little cheap again but it`s good experience and means I am not dodging the taxman as trades are all above board. Some of you know I did a shoot for a more up market one last year and this guy liked my pics so much he wanted me to do the same. Will be a bit trickier though - not as grand and posh as the other place but parts of it are from 1710 so some detail to play with.

Jonathan

Quote from: jinky on August 30, 2009, 05:57:54 PM
I am not dodging the taxman as trades are all above board

Huh?

So you are declaring the value of the accommodation and paying tax on it?

If you didn't have to do tat then the barter card would be a good idea.  And it ain't......

I mean great news and everything but you might want a better accountant to keep you out of prison.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.