• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 45
  • Total: 45
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Wow awesome!  I was right with you until I read the word "folk"..... :D
It's Guest's round

hevans

As usual, JR, beautiful shots. My fav. is the one of the father putting on his shoes.

Sounds like you had a great time - it seems you thrive on and enjoy adversity and challenges.

H.

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on December 20, 2010, 06:08:33 PM
Wow awesome!  I was right with you until I read the word "folk"..... :D
You know, I know exactly what you mean.
            It will be the traditional, finger in the ear, beer with twigs floating in it, kind of folk! But hey, It's a full blown choir, in a cathedral and it's going to be stunning!
                                 Graham. :dance:

PS   Those pics you did over the weekend are just great. There's a real "Spirit of the blitz", "OK we're here, lets make the most of it and have a good time." sort of vibe. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on December 20, 2010, 05:09:55 PM
    WMMFGT?

Just got home to an email from the local BBC radio folk music presenter.
                 They've offerd me a two night (paid) gig, photographing the Shefield Folk Chorale singing and performing a 3 act Mystery play at the Derby Cathedral.
                 Two nights, two performances, two chances to get it right!
                                 Graham.  :)

Oh. And it features the world famous (In folky circles) Graham & Eileen Pratt.

Well done Graham.  :tup:

picsfor

when i see folk - i think "Steeleye Span!" Well done on the paid gigs Graham.

WMMFGT?

Actually getting my train back to Horsham.

For a hairy 10 minutes i thought i was going to spend my night in the middle of no where (well between Holmwood and Ockley) for the night because my train discovered there was some snow falling. Really - this place is sooooo remote (4 miles from Gatwick Airport) that you can never get a mobile phone signal on any network!!!

Yes i'm so glad to be home - just in time to get to bed so i can do it all over again tomorrow  :doh: :o

Graham

Quote from: picsfor on December 20, 2010, 10:25:16 PM
when i see folk - i think "Steeleye Span!" Well done on the paid gigs Graham.

WMMFGT?

Actually getting my train back to Horsham.

For a hairy 10 minutes i thought i was going to spend my night in the middle of no where (well between Holmwood and Ockley) for the night because my train discovered there was some snow falling. Really - this place is sooooo remote (4 miles from Gatwick Airport) that you can never get a mobile phone signal on any network!!!

Yes i'm so glad to be home - just in time to get to bed so i can do it all over again tomorrow  :doh: :o
Could'nt you get everyone out to give it a shove?
                         Graham.  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

Severn Valley railway kept gong all weekend.   :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Great stuff Andrew. It's not all gloom and doom where public services are concerned. There are people who go that extra mile to ensure that services are maintained, and because they have a sense of duty to their 'customers'.

Speaking to my younger daughter last evening, who is a district nurse, and is responsible for a small team of such nurses in the immediate area, and she tells me that no patient has missed a visit despite the treacherous conditions over the past week. Every housebound patient, the elderly, the frail and weak and disabled and in some cases the terminally ill have received their visits for treatment and care. This has meant that they have worked well beyond their allotted hours to achieve this, often walking a couple of miles to reach their destination. Not just a one off job, but each and every day. That's professionalism and dedication! :tup:

And by the way, these are the people that the government now wants to impose a 3 year pay freeze on. >:(

picsfor

Quote from: anglefire on December 21, 2010, 06:59:15 AM
Severn Valley railway kept gong all weekend.   :tup:

The Severn Valley uses "real trains" - not the modern alluminium tubes on wheels occupying railway lines!
I remind you of the story last winter, when the newly built A1 "Tornado stepped in to provide a service from London to Canterbury where no South Eastern service could.

Modern trains are built with a kind of shoe gear that just doesn't like falling snow.
Southern has recently been given an influx of older stock to provide extra seating capacity with passengers moaning about getting "cast offs". What said passengers are now finding is that these older trains not only run better in the snow - but actually clean the snow off the lines as well. There's progress for you!

To use Southerns previous mantra "using the best of the past to improve the future!"

As for medical staff - if the greedy politicians were to take a 3 year pay freeze then the nurses and other front line staff could get closer to the wage they deserved...

jinky

Just had my first unaided shower / hair wash in 12 days and feel mcuh better. After my hernia op with complications my gut is starting to work better and getting stronger each day. Limited diet but won`t do me any harm and I have lost some weight I needed to.

As for Abers point on the nurses NHS - I went from one end to the other in opinions when I was in. First day or so I was amzed at the lack of staff, organisation and more especially available bed to egt me out of a chair after 14 hours! Once the op was done, the complications set in and some of the more unpleasant aspects of what happened to me kicked in I never ceased to be amazed by the kindness, devotion to duty and sheer hard work of the doctors and nurses. Even in this government`s hands I feel the NHS will somehow survive due to that spirit and dedication but please give them a break!

krennon

alas 'tis true nurses & doctors are worth their weight in gold yet successive governments don't seem to realise it, overall I have had excellent service from the NHS especially when I mashed my knee up, my physio was superb....they should all be paid a decent wage, lose the middle management and the various quangos etc and the NHS could be so much better than it is (and that is not to denegrate the front line staff in any way)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on December 21, 2010, 09:47:30 AM
Just had my first unaided shower / hair wash in 12 days and feel mcuh better. After my hernia op with complications my gut is starting to work better and getting stronger each day. Limited diet but won`t do me any harm and I have lost some weight I needed to.

Glas to hear you are on the mend.  :tup:

As you are on a limited diet, can I have your turkey?  ;)

jinky

No Oldboy ... but you can have my sprouts  ;)

Delamanda

Glad to see you back Jinky!  Hope you're soon running at full steam.

Oldboy - you can have my sprouts too!

Oldboy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.