• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97
  • Bingbot
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Quote from: ABERS on November 12, 2010, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: krennon on September 07, 2010, 09:21:19 AM
.........and an absolutely fantastic talk by a dear lady called Joan, who used to work for the BBC Photography dept. She had some amazing shots of the famous (and infamous  ;)) but it was the anecdotes that went along with the photos that made it interesting.

Was lucky enough to hear the same talk last evening Keith, absolutely fabulous. Just to think how excited we all get if we get a picture published in some obscure magazine and Joan in her heyday was getting pictures in every type of publication you could think of, and if you watch TV everyone here will have seen her work at some stage or another! I'd known her for some years before she mentioned quite casually,  ' I used to do some photography for the BBC and a little freelance work after'.

Her modesty is inversionally proportional to her impressive skill and experience, but isn't that always the way in life?

P.S. I discovered she occasionally runs a studio lighting course for the club's members, FOC. ;)

Alan so glad you got to hear the talk she was absolutely lovely and enthralled us all with her photos and stories. Could be interested in a lighting course if I could sneak in as a "guest" and wouldn't mind paying a "green fee" if necessary so keep me informed  :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

skellum

Part of my display at Preston Guildhall has been placed next to the Wallace & Gromit display  (Their creator Nick Park is also from Preston ) and his father was a local photograher.

Oldboy

Well done Dave.  :tup:

Just had this photo shown on the local BBC news weather report.  :2funny:  :beer:

Delamanda

Well done Dave and Oldboy!  It must be great to see your work on show/on telly!!

rksmith51

Quote from: Delamanda on November 23, 2010, 09:22:25 PM
Well done Dave and Oldboy!  It must be great to see your work on show/on telly!!

I second, that well done guys, looks like we will be taking snow pics before we kow it.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

jinky

Well done Dave and Oldboy ;)

OOh snow - always get excited when I hear we might have snow. Want proper stuff though - not that stuff that comes and turns to slush straight away and more than a covering mind  ;)

Hinfrance

Well done you two.

Jinky, we've even got snow forecast for here for the weekend. It's January weather already.  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 24, 2010, 10:46:28 AM
Well done you two.

Jinky, we've even got snow forecast for here for the weekend. It's January weather already.  :'(

Yes well done fellas.

We've got snow forcast for the weekend too. It's normal weather.  >:( Of course we seldom get it, the weatherman just likes to play with us. :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

I was about to throw my battery grip in the bin as the shutter release and rear e-dial had stopped working. But I decided to clean the contacts on the camera.

That did it, all working now :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Good stuff H. It makes you proud when you DIY eh!
Same story here. Our dishwasher (out of guarantee) stopped draining and working properly. I took some bits out to check and unerneath the drain area found a little plastic disc impeding a fan of some sort there this morning. Put it back together ( no spare bits left over) and works perfectly. Did not even use a manual!
Having been told to get the repairman in this morning I now await adulation as Dishwasher Repairman supreme in a house where my DIY skills are often lampooned  :) Should be able to buy some gear with what I have saved - methinks not!

anglefire

That fan would probably be the pump Jinky  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Thanks for the comments all.  :tup:

Now, if I was to sell any picture can I say, 'As seen on TV'?  :2funny: :2funny:

Oldboy

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 24, 2010, 02:59:36 PM
I was about to throw my battery grip in the bin as the shutter release and rear e-dial had stopped working. But I decided to clean the contacts on the camera.

That did it, all working now :)

Well done.  :tup:

Quote from: jinky on November 24, 2010, 03:09:57 PM
Same story here. Our dishwasher (out of guarantee) stopped draining and working properly. I took some bits out to check and unerneath the drain area found a little plastic disc impeding a fan of some sort there this morning. Put it back together ( no spare bits left over) and works perfectly. Did not even use a manual!
Having been told to get the repairman in this morning I now await adulation as Dishwasher Repairman supreme in a house where my DIY skills are often lampooned  :) Should be able to buy some gear with what I have saved - methinks not!
Now just the cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer and vacuum to go!  :doh:

bones615

Recently did some portraits of my sisters family and she asked if i could remove her wrinkles so tongue in cheek i did so on one shot of her and brightened her eyes, whitened her teeth. I was expecting something along the lines of "you are taking the p*#s" but she is chuffed to bits & showing all her friends.

krennon

Just managed to get online again off to camera club in a few mins but had to post this

Popped into the local Cancer research charity shop at the weekend and picked up an old Andy Rouse book (kind of a year in the life of) it was dated 2001 but still a worthwhile read even though it's primarily film based (canon pro 1v and Pentax 645 mf & I am pretty certain that Andy now uses Nikon but I may be wrong) but lo and behold 'twas only when I got it home and was showing the missus I realised it tis a signed copy...paid £4.50 for it well chuffed as it was worth it for the photographs alone never mind the fact that it is a signed copy....even though it's an older book I don't care  ;D :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.