• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 22, 2016, 09:40:47 AM
Having spent a large part of the week sorting and fettling stuff for our annual car boot jaunt, it was rather disheartening this morning to set up our pitch in torrential rain and 14C. The rain did not stop and eventually soaked and without anything sold (no-one came, unsurprisingly) we had to give up and reload the car. Still at least the electricity is back on: that was off for half of yesterday after a lightning strike on a local substation.

It's still peeing down now.

Had a similar experience, but from the other side. Drive up to my nation's Capital (5 hr. drive if you obey the limit) , the beautiful Ottawa for the annual Tulip Festival, and it peed down the whole weekend. Got to the display area where the vendors set up only to find them all tearing down their displays because of heavy rain and I guess, no customers.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

Not so much today as over my recent trip to the US. Now I was never as keen on the US trip as my fellow travellers and had to be persuaded to go at a time when the dollar was at it`s strongest against the pound. Certainly the most expensive holiday I`ve done given it was a 3 week driving holiday from San Francisco to San Diego down the Big Sur and then across the Mojave desert to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Great holiday with some lovely memories but:
: the usual car hire rip off attempts which the travel company is now sorting and assuring me we won`t lose out fiancially on despite the company trying to get an extra $450 out of us
: Thanks to BA for cancelling our Heathrow to Leeds Bradford return flight with an hours notice meanign we had to fly to Manchester and fork out £158 for a taxi home with them to hopefully meet  extraexpenses
: In the US land of opportunity someone in Death Valley too the opportunity to clone my credit card and buy £1300 worth of goods at JC Pennys. Again card blocked after warning texts and investigation started that wil hopefully see me reimbursed before payment is due but certainly clouds the holiday. Never mind - when I look at / edit the images I`m sure i`ll remember the good times and I did get to visit Ansel Adams` gallery in Yosemite and buy a few postcards.

Hinfrance

Bit of a curate's egg there Paul. Good luck with sorting it all out quickly.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Thanks H - well I`ve had the debits taken off my credit card within 24 hours for the fraudulent cloning so that`s a good result from Santander :)

ABERS

Not annoyed but very, very sad at the passing of the GREATEST. My favourite quote of his, "If I'd  had been a garbage man, I'd  have been the best garbage man in the world". I've  always quoted that to my kids and grandkids to hopefully to point out that you should always try.  A great example

anglefire

I didn't know he changed his name twice, albeit the one only briefly.

I also can't say I was aware that he refused to go to Vietnam. Probably just a bit too young. Can't say that too often these days.

But a great boxer and ambassador for the sport and people in general.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

The King of the Ring.

I was never into boxing, but him, I did know, and I loved his short, witty verse.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on June 04, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
I didn't know he changed his name twice, albeit the one only briefly.

I also can't say I was aware that he refused to go to Vietnam. Probably just a bit too young. Can't say that too often these days.

But a great boxer and ambassador for the sport and people in general.

It was good to see him getting some credit for his work on black equality as the day went on as well as for his boxing. I remember being impressed at his stance on Vietnam and the Americans  threatening him  with jail and losing much of his popularity there over that period. He came to Brixton to support black people fighting for equal rights there too and I remember meeting a photographer who same to Leeds with some great shots of that visit. A great champion in lots of different ways.

spinner

Apple, the computer firm.  Apple, as is their want, decided not to support or program any of their new OSs to work on older 32 bit machines. I have a Mac Pro 1,1 that is such a machine. Some enterprising fellows decided they would write programs that would let people like me, run the newer OS on my machine. Afterall, it's a quad core behemoth with 8 gigs of RAM and still quite good at processing media.

So why am I annoyed? It wasn't enough that Apple wouldn't support the older machines, they are actively thwarting this independent endevour.
Knowing that an update to my software would brick the system I've chosen to ignore them. UNTIL this last update which let me ignore it a couple of times and then on the 3rd go round installed itself without my agreement. Now I have a bricked Mac Pro. I've been trying, without success to revive it and nothing's worked so far. VERY VERY ANNOYED.

P.S.

APPLE,  if you didn't want people using your machines for years and years, you shouldn't have made them a)extremely expensive and b)very well made.
Ol' blue eyes

Hinfrance

I have always hated Apple's attitude - the walled garden approach is a complete deal breaker for me, even if DAWs would run as fast on Macs as they do on PCs. This is not the first time they have deliberately bricked their products, and no doubt it will not be the last. A few weeks ago they bricked iPhones that had had 3rd party repairs - and given how often the screens used to break on the earlier models, that was a lot of hardware. A class action suit got them to backtrack, but  . .

Despicable company, even more evil than Google, however unlikely that may seem . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Howard, I think they're about on par.

That said, 3 days of fiddling, it's up and running again. Cross fingers I don't get caught in another automatic upgrade.
Good thing I'm retired or I'd have been at it for 3 weeks.  :-[
Ol' blue eyes

DigiDiva

Today I was really annoyed at the rise in petrol prices again!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

#firstworldproblems: my strimmer won't keep running, and when it stops it refuses to start again unless it is left for 20 minutes to reflect on its bad behaviour. I've had about 3 minutes run time from it in the last hour. And I've been bitten by a deer fly too . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 08, 2016, 11:21:26 AM
#firstworldproblems: my strimmer won't keep running, and when it stops it refuses to start again unless it is left for 20 minutes to reflect on its bad behaviour. I've had about 3 minutes run time from it in the last hour. And I've been bitten by a deer fly too . . .

Check the fuel filter in the tank is not all jellied up. Replacing the one on my Echo strimmer cured similar symptoms a couple of years ago.

Too flippin hot for gardening here until the evenings  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

What annoys me?
Loud people in quiet surroundings.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.