• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Night sky shooting / Milky Way

Started by jinky, March 03, 2021, 06:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on March 14, 2021, 07:56:12 PM
The picture above was taken about here: 37.771823373890186, -114.42578567420833 - and about 100miles from Las Vegas as the crow flies - which is what I think the lights are from.

Proper dark sky's in the UK are very hard to come by - and if you have one only 17miles away you are really lucky!
No it`s not a proper dark sky that near to me - just the best I can get though ( class 4 Bortle but it is Milky  Way class supposedly). I`m told it`s still an LS (Leeds ) post code too so OK to travel there. I`ll be staying in a class 3 bortle area in April so will have another try then -- assuming we get any clear nights!

jinky

Just driven out to my dark sky site. All seemed well until I met a guy who's tried shooting Milky Way and found that even with a slight hill in the way the distant lights of Otley town stopped him. Given the forecasts I'll probably leave it until we go to darker skies on a Northimberland break in April when I can perhaps shoot in the garden. Frustrating all this cloud  >:(

Oldboy

I hate cloud. I can't understand how we have cloud when we are under a high. I've never seen a low with clear skies?  :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.