• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: FLOWERS-weekly comp 7-14/9/2014

Started by Hinfrance, September 07, 2014, 08:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT THREAD

FLOWERS - Weekly competition 30 August - 7 September 2014

It's about time we had some culture here . . . probably. So this week's challenge is to photograph a flower or a few flowers in a fine art kind of a way: you know, a single lily on a plain field, that sort of thing. Be as arty as you can and let your imagination run wild.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between posting time  Saturday 7th September 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 14th September 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 15th September 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 16th September 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 20th September 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie date at which the new topic is set xx to Sunday xx
Modify message
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

kerbside

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

I'd love to have a go at this, but time is not on my side. I may have to be a wall flower.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

We'll I have taken and processed a few shots tonight, whether they are fine art or not remains to be seen.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on September 10, 2014, 10:42:25 PM
We'll I have taken and processed a few shots tonight, whether they are fine art or not remains to be seen.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Well i am away all weekend at a VW show so early entry from me, it could change but in with this for now.

Not sure how fine art it is mind you.

Blue

DigiDiva

kerbside

Chris, tried to keep the picture as light as poss: not too dark, hopefully it works.

jinky

Not sure if I will have time to do another or stick with this one. I know it`s early for this theme but loved the ceramic poppies at the Tower of London installation so much had to do something with one of my images. Not sure if this one is a fair entry as I took a shot of an old war  book  poster I had to get the outline then used my own full poppy shot  transposed to get this. Might need something more I think or might get a more fine art type entry together at the weekend but just in case. If my picture of another image is unfair you feel comment and I`ll withdraw it.

Hinfrance

We've had guests with us all week, and they've just gone home. The only flower we had about the place was this rose on it's last legs:

I decided to muck about with the little Fuji and a flash. I've been dead lazy editing it too - just used Lightroom.

If I can get a better subject over the weekend I might have another go, but this is it for now. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spikeyjen

Jinky, I love what you have done, I have no problems with that as an entry - it did say do something 'arty'.

Here is mine for this week, I've just had some knee surgery so am a little 'contained'. But the magnolia buds are finally out and spring is on the way.

DigiDiva

Im gonna really work this one - it's very 'me' and I hope to produce something I can print, frame and sell. Not necessarily going for a winning entry here, so long as I produce something I can sell. I have several ideas, hopefully a lot of today to myself and fresh batteries for flashes. I now have 2speed lights and a ring flash so if I can't produce something arty I may as well give up!

Im going in.................................

Beaux Reflets

Not many flowers out but a few wild ones in the meadow, so I am in with, Mallow - Purple Rain

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.