• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
  • Google (2)
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

Im also on 1803. W10 64 bit
Not used the scanner since Oct 18. Cant see when 1803 was installed, think it was before then. BUT
I have another older (rarely used) W10 home 64 bit machine running 1803 and the scanner works ok with that.
Confused as hell now. Guessing a conflict somewhere

Have managed to get the HP printer working for now with a driver update and reinstall.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

Our telephone line is down - 0 volts at the terminals instead of the >48v it should be.

Earliest available engineer appointment is Saturday 8th June, so I won't be around on line much, if at all.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

My back. It's in bits and I'm in agony. Was going to pop later and get a photo of a huge crane nearby for the photo comp this week. That won't happen now so back to the drawing board.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Less than 10 days before we go on our hols the less than 5 year old pool pump has seized. In the middle of a heatwave. On an Sunday.

Just coughed £400 for an online 'express' replacement, should be here by Tuesday afternoon. Just hope the water hasn't gone green by then.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Just been watching Countryfile Calendar competition vote. Whilst the winning picture of a harvest mouse inside an apple was stunning it doesn't seem right for it to win. John Craven was keen to state that the picture taki g process was within the rules if method was declared - I'm guessi g because they anticipate complaints. Basically it was staged in rhe winners conservatory with backdrop and lighting with a handler licensed to work wirh harvest mice as not allowed usually. Not sure how many people could have that opportunity! Not sour grapes as I didn't enter but surprised that a wildlife competition allows such staging. What do you think?

Alfonso_Frisk

I totally agree. It just does not fit the brief IMHO.
Seen far too many wildlife shots obviously staged over the years.
The comp next year will now be interesting.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jediboy

I agree too. Doesn't seem in the spirit and where is the incentive to get out and photograph wildlife if you can do this?
That said I haven't seen the rules. Still seems wrong though.

Chris

Oldboy

I agree that a staged shot isn't going out into the countryside and taking a 'live' shot. In that case if I go out and kill a couple of creatures, and then stage them, would that be allowed? I don't think so. Also, the winner receives £1,000 whilst the calendar raised £2.5 million.  :o

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on September 29, 2019, 08:42:10 PM
I agree too. Doesn't seem in the spirit and where is the incentive to get out and photograph wildlife if you can do this?
That said I haven't seen the rules. Still seems wrong though.

He was at pains to say the rules allowed it if declared so she'd done nothing wrong. I just think those rules should be changed and expect they'll get some stick.

Mick

Fired up Edge browser on my laptop this morning, and it had decided to change the language all by itself. Of course the settings were also in a foreign language too, so had to work it out and change it back. 

It did the same on my desktop too.  Thanks Microsoft.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

StephenBatey

Hermes.

Long story (covers several weeks) cut short.

Someone sends me a camera, using Hermes, to deliver to a local (to me) parcel shop.

On delivery day, Hermes say there's a problem, and get in touch.

Problem is that they can't gain access (10:43 am, to Co-op with its own car park and on street parking outside, opening hours 6am to 11pm).

Check with Co-op - they haven't burned down or been accidentally demolished.

Go back to Hermes - sorry, the problem was that the Co-op refused to accept it.

Go back to Co-op - no they didn't, and they've NEVER refused a parcel.

Go back to Hermes - ah, it was the courier that refused the parcel, not the shop.

Back again to Hermes; admission gained that it shouldn't have been returned to the depot, but since it had, there was no way that they would do anything other than return it to the sender (this while it was still in their network).

Duly returned to sender; admission made that they made a mistake. Refund? No, out of the question - they delivered the parcel. But they would offer a credit against future parcels entrusted to them.

Humph.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Jediboy

Sounds common practise for Hermes. I have had issues with them in the past, and they habitually lie.
I avoid them at all costs now.

Chris

StephenBatey

And on the resend, DPD was actually cheaper. I'll reserve judgment until the parcel arrives at its intended destination though.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Hinfrance

Finally bit the bullet after more than 10 attempts to update Windows 180x and have done a clean install of 1909. What an effing disaster. It's lock my access to all my secondary data drives (perhaps I should have had then connected when I did the reinstall, I don't know). It keeps on stopping my wifi adapter and basically unless I can get my disk image of 180x back on my PC is screwed. I can't even get my Adobe stuff to install. Fuming.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

StephenBatey

Sympathy. And it serves to remind me that I should be creating an uptodate clone of my boot SSD against the day Microsoft do the same to my PC.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.