• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread - Sky Included

Started by Andrew, March 02, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Not sure I`ll get a free day for an entry again - hectic here. Nice thinking Abers - was looking at a similar idea when I passed some flats in Bedworth the other day. Wasn`t sure it would fit the brief though Andrew as you very specifically state needs to include the sky at least a third. If Abers hadn`t beaten me to it I`d have still entered and let the voters decide though as ever as I like to live on the edge. Thanks for the well wished the other day when I was overcome with moaning. Things are  not getting any better / clearer here - worse in fact but we are coping a little better. Of course as ever things happen when you have no ti me and I had 3 wedding booking enquiries come in in 2 days just when Id decided I`d probably stop in March 2015. They are for this year so will do them if they come off - one confirmed and 2 meets to come when I can fit them in.

Andrew

Quote from: jinky on March 07, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
Not sure I`ll get a free day for an entry again - hectic here. Nice thinking Abers - was looking at a similar idea when I passed some flats in Bedworth the other day. Wasn`t sure it would fit the brief though Andrew as you very specifically state needs to include the sky at least a third. If Abers hadn`t beaten me to it I`d have still entered and let the voters decide though as ever as I like to live on the edge. Thanks for the well wished the other day when I was overcome with moaning. Things are  not getting any better / clearer here - worse in fact but we are coping a little better. Of course as ever things happen when you have no ti me and I had 3 wedding booking enquiries come in in 2 days just when Id decided I`d probably stop in March 2015. They are for this year so will do them if they come off - one confirmed and 2 meets to come when I can fit them in.

But if you look at Alans picture - i think I would be splitting hairs to say that doesn't include a third. I was trying to ensure some one doesn't just have a little bit of sky showing in the corner or a reflection in a car door mirror. 1 Sky dish probably wouldn't count - unless it took up noticeable space in the image.

As for my entrty - well I should be getting mine tomorrow or Sunday - all depends when the little girl called Sky is available  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

jinky

Yes as I said if I`d got the shot or been abers with it I`d enter it and leave it to voters. I love it when people go off piste with reading of the theme and think it adds to the variety of images.

Jediboy

Was out earlier and didn't really get anything great, so back to the drawing board. :(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

Here is one from last night. Predictable, but a possible entry if I don't get the chance to do anything else.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

kerbside

Took a load Friday but on viewing, not impressed, one poss: that will be my entry if nothing else appears.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

kerbside

Quote from: Reinardina on March 05, 2014, 11:00:30 AM
My entry is the total opposite of DD's.
Monochrome, threatening and wild!

It has been called 'A Battle of Britain' sky, but with a civilian aircraft.

I'm in with my 'Flight into the Light.'

Looks like there is a Lion Cubs head in the bottom left of the bright area Reinardind, i'm not on drugs but i can see it.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Have changed my entry to the full frame one, I decided the letterbox crop just didn't work. This is the full frame one:

kerbside

Just could not make my mind up on an entry this week but ended up with this.

Seascape

DigiDiva

Hope theres gonna be a few more entries.

Hinfrance

Here's mine, imaginatively entitled 'Skylights' on account of it being a picture of skylights in one of the local shopping malls.

Thought process - wandered about looking for something that fitted the theme without it being an exterior shot. Spotted this and decided it could work. Went with an angled shot rather than straight as it looked more interesting to me with the extra cross beams and the difference between the two skylights. Taken with my Panasonic LX5 on programme, 1/640 at f4 ISO 80. Editing was LR default adjustments, then opened in PS. First a minor straighten and crop, followed by a curves adjustment to darken the blacks and lighten the highlights. Next a brightness and contrast tweak to taste. Stamp layers below and then Topaz Black and White FX2 to get the toning and vignette. Finally a small amount of global sharpening. That took longer to type than it did to do . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Well I did try to work up an idea but skies conspired agai nst me. The theory of the shot was to do a picture called "Blue Sky Thinking". The aim was to do a nice clear blue sky with clouds forming the model of Rodin`s the Thinker. Only trouble - almost perfect blue skies without a cloud for my starting image. Tried to use a shot with faint lengths of cloud but just not enough to make it work so I`m out this week.

Andrew

Well, I finally got to post an entry - not what I'd envisaged - but then a lack of blue in the sky didn't help. Some times, a sky can be just a tad too bright for an idea. Thankfully, the Daffs are out, and Constable Country can usually be relied upon for a pic if  you're prepared to look around a bit.

The over riding thoughts at the moment is that my thighs are complaining about doing a 28 mile bike ride including some fairly hefty hill climbs. I know Suffolk is presumed to be flat, but it has some really nasty little hills about, as Mick will atest - given the 1 in 8 he has in Manningtree and the few beasts he would have to navigate in getting to Ipswich (from a cyclists perspective).

Tomorrow, it appears my thighs could be in for another shock as I'm off to Felistowe - a round trip of another 30 miles approx  :-X
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.