• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 175
  • Total: 175
  • Google
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Weekly or Monthly Challenge? POLL and comments

Started by Hinfrance, February 04, 2009, 12:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekly or Monthly Challenge?

Weekly
16 (84.2%)
Monthly
3 (15.8%)
Fortnightly
0 (0%)
Not keen on the whole idea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 18, 2009, 12:29:44 PM

oRGie

Just a thought, could we create a gallery for each weeks comp, add the pics and use the voting function to determine a winner and of course then there is a good place to comment on the photos! seem slike a neat alternative to creating polls, pics in a thread etc ?  maybe a gallery can be closed on a certain date to new pics but remain open to voting ? and can that be closed to voting also but leave open to comments.. Went out armed with Camera today, but work took over, dang it  :'( 

oops forgot to ask if a comp gallery can be stuck on the front page ?

irv_b

As an alternative can a thread be started and the person who post their pic comments/critiques on the previous pic?
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Mick

Quote from: oRGie on February 11, 2009, 07:51:39 PM
Just a thought, could we create a gallery for each weeks comp, add the pics and use the voting function to determine a winner and of course then there is a good place to comment on the photos! seem slike a neat alternative to creating polls, pics in a thread etc ?  maybe a gallery can be closed on a certain date to new pics but remain open to voting ? and can that be closed to voting also but leave open to comments.. Went out armed with Camera today, but work took over, dang it  :'( 

oops forgot to ask if a comp gallery can be stuck on the front page ?

oRGie, not sure I can do this and have it work in the way we want.   Also noticed some people tend to embed their pics from flckr / photobucket etc, so this might confuse things a bit.   I don't want to discourage linking from other sites, as it save on my server space, (currently unlimited, but It has an inode limit).

That said, it's worth looking into.  ;)

Quote from: irv_b on February 11, 2009, 11:13:53 PM
As an alternative can a thread be started and the person who post their pic comments/critiques on the previous pic?
Irv

Irv, would this be a compulsory element to the competition?   My feeling is, some people might be put off by this, and feel uncomfortable having to critique others work.  Worth discussing further though. ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

skellum

Because of the small amount of entries for this weeks competition it may be an idea to extend it to Sunday 23.59 for entries. This will make it a 4 day competition to include weekends which is what we were trying to avoid in the first place so that it wouldn't clash with DCM.
Anyway if it generates more interest then it could be the best option. Apologies to all who rushed to submit your entries by 12.00 today please contact me ASAP if you do not agree with the extension.  Dave    :legit:

Hinfrance

I personally think it is fine if it runs for the whole week and weekend - the overlap with the DCM competition may even be helpful - entrants could edit both of their pictures at once, but more importantly there is potentially more opportunity over a weekend to take a couple of shots than there is during the week.

So overall, I'm happy about this.

I'm off into town this afternoon to try for a DCM comp shot, but I don't think I'll be changing my entry here - but you never know, another local or national icon may present itself.

I appreciate all the time and effort you have put into running this first International Competition Dave.

Cheers,

Howard
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

skellum

Thanks for the comments Howard and good luck with the DCM comp. I might have ago myself, I wonder if I can find a Icon to look down on and kill two birds with one stone............... :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.