• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
  • Google
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT-RUBBISH-Weekly Comp 5-11 May 2014

Started by Hinfrance, May 04, 2014, 06:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

This is the CHAT THREAD

The Entries thread is HERE

This week's topic is RUBBISH. No, not your worst photo of the week, but rather an image that features or documents our throw away society, wastefulness, and the casting aside of items that have gone past their sell by date.

Be as flippant or serious as you like, and no restrictions whatsoever on editing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 5th May 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 11th May 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 12th May2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 13th May2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 17th May 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I`ll do my best to get a shot with my compact as I`m away in Spain this week visiting friends in a little town in Murcia. Back Friday night so if I can find any rubbish in their resort I`ll try to get an entry in.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

I bet the entry thread will be total rubbish too
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

spikeyjen

I'm pretty sure that my entry will be rubbish too.... if not a little trashed

DigiDiva

This thread has been rubbish so far, no chatting

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on May 11, 2014, 07:54:54 AM
This thread has been rubbish so far, no chatting

Perhaps people are busy getting on and doing it.

spikeyjen

Here is my image, an empty building and rusted 44 gallon drum

Discarded...

Daggers62

Nothing from me this week. With only one day off I spent it looking at the back of my eye lids ready for another 65 hour week  :o

DigiDiva

All I have done so far this week is work, hospital visit, food shop and clean! Im pretty exhausted and my only hope of getting out with camera was this morning but with my mum in hospital, I had to go sort out some stuff at her house. I took a little image on my phone, so that might be the best contribution from me. I hope others get the chance to enter though, as a poor show is always a shame. And Abers, I was saying rubbish thread as that's what it is! A thread about rubbish.

Reinardina

Probably plenty of rubbish around the hospital.
Hope your mum gets well soon.

I decided to enter my 'Stubs and straw.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

JaneM

Sorry to hear about your Mum Digidiva, I too am going to struggle to get something in, but I will try my best night shifts and an exam tomorrow have meant little time for my camera and me :(

DigiDiva

Hope theres a few more entries to come. My entry is a snapshot taken on my phone, bluetoothed to laptop and quickly edited in picasa. Its like the old days before I had my Mac....

jinky

Had not got time for much of an entry until I called by the tip at the weekend and grabbed this with a compact. Got me in trouble to - "you cannot just go taking photos in here without written permission you know".  ;)

Past IT - you see what I did there  ;) - I liked that title  :)

DigiDiva

Haha,written permission. Thats rubbish!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.