• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

QOTD 1st Nov - camera setting

Started by spikeyjen, October 31, 2013, 09:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

what is your 'go to' camera setting... auto, P, aperture, speed or fully manual?

mine is aperture priority for 99.9% of the time, will change to manual if shooting at night. If I do play with something else, I always forget to turn back the dial and it takes me a while to work out why my pics look so bad.

Oldboy

Mostly manual but also Program mode.  :tup:

jinky

Mostly aperture mode, sometimes manual.

Colin

Mainly aperture priority if not then manual.

DigiDiva

Im mostly (99%) manual. I do use the sport setting for times when I need a fast shutter speed and 'just can't miss the shot'
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Aperture priority and manual most of the time. I rarely use the other modes, although I have on occasion used programme.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Aperture almost all the time and speed if there's something that calls for it, sport, action etc.

Reinardina

Mainly aperture; fully automatic if I am out and about and have to take snap decision shots in constantly changing conditions.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Beaux Reflets

Aperture priority and manual if there is the time and more stable light conditions. I occasionly use the programme for rapidly changing light at sunset.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

SimonW

Until fairly recently my Pentax DSLR was always set to manual and my pocket Canon s95 on auto ready for any surprise grab shots. But now I leave the Pentax on P as well - and in this mode moving one control wheel instantly gives me AP mode while moving the other ginstantly gives SP mode, so it's really the best of both worlds. Even so, to get the best exposures (if there's time after taking the grab shot) I often then need to set exposure compensation or switch to manual before taking another.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Graham

Aperture, with liberal use of the exposure compensation button. So manual then...sort of.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

Most often aperture, but often on manual.  If I am walking with my camera I often put it on program so that if something fast happens I do not have to make any adjustments to get a photo. 

jinky

Quote from: Graham on November 01, 2013, 09:56:01 AM
  Aperture, with liberal use of the exposure compensation button. So manual then...sort of.

Oh yeah forgot to mention comp button

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.