• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Wedding client meetings

Started by Jonathan, November 13, 2009, 04:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

S-o-o-o-o-o-o-o true.  And funny.  And there's swearing.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5432981/
It's Guest's round

Graham

Like it! :2funny:
                                 Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Colin

How many times have you had a conversation like that Jonathon? Great video :)

happypaddler

I've seen similar conversations in other areas - sometime the "pro" deals with the request diplomatically, sometimes they are far from diplomatic - but not like that - which is how I am sure most would love to respond.

However sometimes you can work a discount in... I had a conversation with our wedding photographer which went along the lines of... "yep we'll have you, can I see the contract before I commit?" "Certainly, I'll email it across". The contract came and was really really bad.... I phoned him back and told him, we agreed a reduced fee and I rewrote his contract. He was an ABIPP, surly if you run a business you need a contract that is fair to both parties as well as protecting your own work? He had also been trained by pro who is a renowned cleb pro (not mentioning either parties in case it tells anyone who the wedding pro is I'm talking about). Not that this makes them a good photographer - but surly from a business point of view he would have been teaching his students properly as he himself would be dealing with hard hitting managers, publicists etc.

Jonathan

Quote from: Colin on November 15, 2009, 07:33:47 AM
How many times have you had a conversation like that Jonathon? Great video :)

Thankfully very few.  Apart from the bit about "my friend wants to get in your way while stealing all your shots and picking your brains so they can set up in competition with you".  That happens all the time.  But it's never a real problem.  I don't mind people seeing how tough it can be :)

Quotesurly if you run a business you need a contract that is fair to both parties as well as protecting your own work?

You'd be surprised.....  It's actually quite rare for a wedding photographer to use a professionally written contract.  Mine used to be a single page.  Then I got a lawyer to write one.  It's 5 pages.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.