• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat for Weekly Competition - Water Feature - 13 April to 19 April 2009

Started by skellum, April 12, 2009, 08:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

This weeks topic is  - Water Feature or anything to do with moving water.

Good Luck to all.  Dave ........ :legit:

Rules

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 13th april to 23.59pm Sunday 19th April
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 20th april
Poll will be up Tuesday 21st April till 23.59pm Friday 24th April
Winner to be announced Saturday 25th April (winner should post his topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 26th April)

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibilty to
post a topic on the sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 monday night

Poll to be created tuesday to run till friday, winner declared saturday

Editing limits to be specified by the person choosing the competition subject, if nothing is mentioned then there is no limit to editing allowed.

Montage images should only contain images taken within specified dates

Please dont vote for your own entry

Everyone is welcome and comments and critique on the entries are also welcome

Instructions for posting entries and creating the poll

Posting your entries.

As long as the pics are in the CC gallery, the easiest way to add these to the entry thread, is to copy the BBcode shown in the attached image.  To find this code, simply click a thumbnail, and below the intermediate pic you'll find the file info box.  It's at the bottom.  Paste this code straight into your entry post.  Done this way the pics will automatically link to the full size image when clicked.

Adding images to the poll.

Right click each pic in the entry thread, and copy the image address.  These can be added to each option box as build the poll, 

(Example) Code like this, entered into the option boxes.

Tringle WP - Haridresser [br] [img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_Hairdresser_IGP6607.jpg[/img]
Irv_b - Ahh! Tea Time [br] [img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_tea.jpg[/img]
Oldboy - Busker [br] [img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC_4842.jpg[/img]

And so on. 

Note: These images won't be clickable, and are for voting purposes only.

oRGie

Good one Dave. Finally now I have no more excuses not to try out the nd filter I bought a couple of months ago  :tup:

stevebedder

Hi All,

Not been able to get on for a couple of weeks as ben working in Germany and Ireland and just got back from a long weekend in the Lakes.

What a gorgeous weekend!! Have come back with plenty of shots, which of course includes plenty of water. Will have to see which ones have moving water in them but got to visit plenty of water falls including a gorgeous little location next to Wast Water. If you havn't been there, it is the most beautiful location I think I have been to, the hot weather helped too!

Steve

oRGie

Remember the shot has to be taken between 13th and 19th april  :tup:

stevebedder

Ahhh......flip!!! Completely forgot that bit in my excitment.  :-[

Ah well, will have to get my thinking cap on and get some more pictures this week  :tup:

Thanks oRGie.

Steve

Oldboy

Quote from: stevebedder on April 13, 2009, 05:54:09 PM
Ahhh......flip!!! Completely forgot that bit in my excitment.  :-[

Ah well, will have to get my thinking cap on and get some more pictures this week  :tup:

Thanks oRGie.

Steve
Typical! You come back all happy and someone has to spoil it!!!!  ::)

skellum

Looking at the present weather conditions perhaps I should have had ' wind ' as this weeks theme :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on April 15, 2009, 09:58:04 PM
Looking at the present weather conditions perhaps I should have had ' wind ' as this weeks theme :legit:
No water is good, as they have forecast none stop rain on Thursday.  :2funny:

oRGie

irv_b

was thinking of entering this but I was concerned about the glare off the water due to not having a polariser Is the a ps3 fix that anyone knows of?

Cheers Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

guy1970

Quote from: irv_b on April 16, 2009, 10:20:08 PM
was thinking of entering this but I was concerned about the glare off the water due to not having a polariser Is the a ps3 fix that anyone knows of?

Cheers Irv

Irv, I like this shot, try adjusting levels (I think) to bring out the ripples.

Here's my attempt

There seems to be alot of great water shots in the Gallery but only three entered in the comp this week. I hope we get a few more entries before the deadline.
Guy

stevebedder

Mines in for this weekend, taken of the water drops on the plants in the garden after they had a good watering.

It's been a gorgeous day today, hope you#ve all been out enjoying the sunshine too.  8)

Good Luck All.

Steve

Oldboy

It's been a cracking day with wall to wall sunshine after 09:00. Just put my entry in showing movement of river weed by the flow of water. Some great shots posted.  ;D

Oldboy

Just given my vote to Skellum's Blackbirds bath as it's a cracking shot. Lots of clever shots so not easy to choose, so well done all.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.