• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Building the city

Started by donoreo, May 05, 2014, 04:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

I took this yesterday.  I was on the 10th floor of another building that was also on higher ground so there was not much perspective correction needed in Lightroom.  It was converted using Silver Efex.  (click will make it larger)

Andrew

nicely captured and processed. Like the contrast in building detail with abstract clouds.

B&W definitely works well for this.  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

donoreo

Thanks.  It was actually not bad in colour, but the clouds look much better in B&W.  The sun was shining on the buildings.

Oldboy

Should have climbed to the top of that crane and took the picture looking down.  :P ???

Cracking shot.  :tup:

donoreo

Access could be a problem.  One of the crane operators in the city is busy in Instagram and Twitter with all sorts of photos from his crane.  He has lots of downtime while he is up there. 

Oldboy

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Good work.
And it definitely looks better when it's large.
Well done.  ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Nice contrast and detail, although I think I would feel drowned in the crowds that walk the streets below these concrete mansions if there was no Flora and Fauna.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

donoreo

Thanks everyone.  The buildings are of course not as close together as they look.  The tall one with the crane is about 2 km away. 

JaneM

Great shot and well captured :)

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.