• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 161
  • Total: 161
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

OTT Security Again

Started by Mick, February 26, 2010, 11:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Dad Branded A Paedophile Over Pic Of Son,

A man who took a picture of his son while they were out shopping was accused of being a paedophile and threatened with arrest.  Things are just getting silly, don't you think?

More here, Sky news
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

Mick, you are right, it is getting totally silly - that and the general attitude of security guards. The suggestion that they have the right to get you to delete the images off the memory card is just wrong. The police can't make you, so how can a security guard?

To be fair, I do think this is a fairly rare occurance - I'm never been stopped by anyone - and I take shots of my kids in the park. Though I am aware of the  other kids around and avoid having them in the shot as well. Not that I legally have to - but I don't want pictures of kids I don't know anyway!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

i'm minded of the case of Julia Sommerville the fromer news reader who was accused of being a peado when she had pictures of her kids developed at the local Boots and the pictures contained her kids having a bat.

First thoughts - how many people using this site know who Julia Sommerville is and who can remember what decade this occured. It almost destroyed her career and if memory serves she was considered to be one of the shining stars of news presenting at the time. In honesty this sort of thing is not new it's the mind set that created the terms "Jobsworth", Politically Correct" & brought H&S to a level it was never intended to.

skellum

What type of bat was it ?... :2funny:

picsfor

Quote from: Dave on February 27, 2010, 11:08:16 AM

The greater spotted typo bat  :tup:

Hands up to that one.
For those still confused - i should have said bath in stead of bat!

Forseti

Quote from: picsfor on February 27, 2010, 12:30:52 PM
Quote from: Dave on February 27, 2010, 11:08:16 AM

The greater spotted typo bat  :tup:

Hands up to that one.
For those still confused - i should have said bath in stead of bat!

And of course he meant to say 'instead of' not 'in stead of'. It's an age thing I suppose so we'll let it go.  :2funny:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

i'm gonna quit while i'm losing comfortably  ::)

Trickee

I think its all down to poor training which appears to be the case with this security guard. something like this really puts me off shooting candid s which is a subject i would like to have a crack at.
Last year i was taking a picture of a big bird on a lake (did not have a clue what it was) but it looked interesting when a group of young kids came running round the corner followed by their parents who muttered "come away we don't know what that strange man is doing". which must have been obvious with me pointing a large zoom lens across a lake in the direction of a strange bird. >:( >:(

hevans

To be honest, the shopping centre is private property, so you do need permission to shoot there. Interesting that it was someone with a camera phone that was accosted, and not the usual suspicious character with a DSLR.

But yes, the assumption that you are a paedophile over ruling the assumption that you might be the kids parent.

Sigh...Blair's Britain: fear and loathing.
H.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.