• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

My Kit

Started by GvilleRick, April 06, 2008, 01:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybridphotog

Great, a thread for gearheads to turn up in their Relian Robins, and gawp at the mass of Ferraris. ;)

Here's my meagre list of equipment being (or having been) used, shamelesly copied from my weblog site..:
Digital
Canon 350D (no intention of upgrading it)
Canon 18-55 "kit" lens (*sigh*)
Canon 75-300 USM mk3 (*sigh* x2)
Sigma 18-125 (faulty focussing)
Sigma 105mm macro
Nokia N95-8GB cameraphone
Epson 4490 scanner
GIMP art package
Homebuilt PC (Ubuntu Linux operating system)

Film bodies
1938 Leica Standard
1946/1947 Leica IIIc
1974(?) Zorki-4K
Black FED-2 type-3
FED-4 type-2 (sluggish rangefinder mechanism)
1938 FED-NKVD type 1c
1964 Kiev 4
1975 Kiev 4a (surprisingly faultless)
1953 Kiev 2 (faulty shutter)
1976 Zenit E
Olympus OM-1 (missing rewind crank)
Olympus FTL

Misc film cameras
1963 Minolta Autocord twin lens reflex (stiff focussing lever, a common fault)
1934-36 Zeiss Ikon 850/16 "Coffeecan" twin lens reflex
Holga 120N (yessir, the king of the toy cameras)
Kodak Brownie 127 mk3
Olympus Trip 35
Olympus 35SP

Film lenses
1974 Jupiter-8 50mm M39 mount
1979 Helios 44-2 58mm M42 mount
Industar-61 (2.8/52) M39 mount
Industar-61 (2.8/53) M39 mount
KOMZ Industar-22 M39 mount
1960 5cm Russian Industar-22 lens M39 mount
1937 3.5cm uncoated Leica Elmar M39 mount
1964 53mm Jupiter-8M (also a 1975 version) Zeiss/Contax/Kiev mount
1959 5cm Jupiter-8 Zeiss/Contax/Kiev mount
Olympus 28mm f/2.8
Olympus FTL 50mm f/1.8
Olympus FTL 35mm f/2.8
Olympus FTL 135mm f/3.5
1938 FED 50mm f3.5 (only useable with early FED-NKVD bodies)

Accessories
KMZ/Russian multi-turret viewfinder
Leica Chrome VIDOM viewfinder (early reversed image)
Weston Master V lightmeter
Olympus extension tube 7
Olympus extension tube 14

I'll spare you the list of the darkroom equipment I've used, (or tried to, at least). ;)

Graham

Ooh, I see you have a Minolta Autocord!
                                                       I've just sent a film off to be dev & scanned. I think mine's a little older than your's :P. The focus lever seems fine to me. It came with a hood, polarising filter, instruction book and one of those "Neverready" cases (Which needs re-stitching.).
                                                       I paid £50.00, ok tell me I was robbed! >:(. I think it was worth it just to put on the shelf and look at.
                                                       If the film comes out ok I'll be picking your brains about light meters. ( you've been warned!)
                                                                       Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hybridphotog

Quote from: Graham on September 02, 2009, 05:18:58 PM
  Ooh, I see you have a Minolta Autocord!
Yup. My first TLR, and I bought it in the Bolton camera club annual auction night. I think I paid £35 for it, and had to out-bid the club president who's a collector of TLR cameras.
                                                       I've just sent a film off to be dev & scanned. I think mine's a little older than your's :P. The focus lever seems fine to me. It came with a hood, polarising filter, instruction book and one of those "Neverready" cases (Which needs re-stitching.).
The other problem the Autocords suffered was that the focussing lever was made from a soft metal, and was prone to snapping off... beware of this, eBay buyers!

One thing about the Autocords though, rumour has it that Minolta used a Rolliecord as the design template, and improved the design for the Autocord. The biggest improvement was that the film fed from top to bottom, so as to stop the common problem of mid-frame film kink that some (most?) Rolliecords had.

You can get a rough age of the camera by visiting http://www.wctatel.com/web/crye/a-cord.htm.
                                                       I paid £50.00, ok tell me I was robbed! >:(. I think it was worth it just to put on the shelf and look at.

If the film comes out ok I'll be picking your brains about light meters. ( you've been warned!)
                                                                       Graham. :)
No problem. :)

Graham

Thanks for that Dave. :tup:
                      Graham.
PS  1961  according to that link.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Sandy

Glad to see there are some other Pentax cameras I have the new Pentax K7 I upgraded from a Pentax K10D and I have a few lens. Pentax 16-50 F2, Pentax 50-135 F2, Tamron 90 and a sigma wide angle 12-24

Sandy

minky_monkey

Current kit:

Canon 40D + Grip
Canon 350D + Grip
Nikon P5100 compact
Sigma 10-20
Tamron 28-75mm 2.8
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 70-200 F4 IS L
Canon 100-400 IS L

ND 8,4
ND Grads 8,4
Welding glass (£1) ;D
2xCPs

Manfrotto 055 xbpro
Lightweight Manfrotto tripod
And a Man.  Monopod.

CS4 with variious plugins.
Elements 5
And DPP
Epsom R265

Hybridphotog

Quote from: minky_monkey on September 13, 2009, 02:00:55 PM
[...]
Welding glass (£1) ;D
[...]
Welding glass? A sort of makeshift ND filter?

minky_monkey

That`s the fella!  There was a group of us that bought a very dark welding mask glass, they`re roughly the same size as a cokin filter. Bought as a novelty item really, they give a very strong colur cast to the shot but give some interesting long exposures.

Cheaper than a 10stop B&W!! 

CML-1591

My Kit:

400D
28-105mm II 3.5-4.5
Battery grip and Hannel battery
Jessops Extension tubes
Giottos tripod and ball head

Borrow off dad:

5D
siggy 24-70 2.8 Macro thingy
17-40 L USM
100mm 2.8 macro
430 EX flash
flash cord
70-300

Laying around the house:

Zorki-4
Lubitel 166 TLR  (Anyone know how to work such a thing?)
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Hybridphotog

Quote from: CML-1591 on September 21, 2009, 03:26:17 PM
[...]
Yup. ;)

The prongs and stuff scattered around the taking lens is possibly the most intimidating thing you'll see. Have a read of the manual found here for the "166B", or here for a PDF for the "166 Universal".

Trust me... looking at a manual is much easier for this camera, than having someone telling you via text. :)

CML-1591

Quote from: Hybridphotog on September 21, 2009, 06:01:55 PM
Quote from: CML-1591 on September 21, 2009, 03:26:17 PM
[...]
Yup. ;)

The prongs and stuff scattered around the taking lens is possibly the most intimidating thing you'll see. Have a read of the manual found here for the "166B", or here for a PDF for the "166 Universal".

Trust me... looking at a manual is much easier for this camera, than having someone telling you via text. :)

Thanks Dave
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

spinner

Found an old Kodak Instamatic in the drawer over the weekend. Has film in it too. Local photo printer says they don't have the equipment to process the cartridges anymore.  :'( Oh well I'm thinking of buy a couple of display boxes and mounting the camera as "memorabilia". That one and my KM D5 that I cooked the sensor on.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

Other people know more about this than me......but if it's a 126 Instamatic you may be in luck.

IIRC it's similar to 35mm enough that you can IN THE DARK (like a changing bag) smash open the cartridge, wind it right onto the spool and put it in a film pot.  Then tell the lab to drop it in C41.

But there's a chance I'm wrong on that.  Or that it's a 110 Instamatic.
It's Guest's round

jimthetrain

Cleared out the garage yesterday and found my first real film camera. A Rank Aldis. It has a fixed lens but you can screw in filters on the front. Used to be my fathers and I've had it for 35yrs at least.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

krennon

My Kit

Kodak CX330 3.1mp compact (my first digital camera) and love it, used it do a wedding shoot with {don't freak Jonathan  ;)} and got a very very decent 10x8 out of it that I converted to B&W then sepia toned and that went in the front of the B&G album as well as the other 30-40shots I printed gave them a disk as well with all the shots on though)

Sony A350
Sony 18-70 3.5-5.6
Sony 70-200 4 - 5.6
Sandisk Extreme III 4gb CF card
Hama Tripod (Birthday pressie from the wife)
Manfrotto Monopod (free when I subscribed to DC Mag)
Centon Bag
Elements 5

and now just got a "White Balancer" from this weeks AP, am still waiting as well for a reflector which was free when I subscribed to Photography Monthly....might have to look into where I stand on that as technically I am sure they are in breach of contract...different issue though
On the wish list- more memory, another battery (or 2), a flash gun, battery grip, cable remote, wireless remote, a rucksack type bag, a circ pol (may be an issue though as the focusing ring on the Sony's is on the front of the lens) and an upgrade to Elements 7 (as CS4 is waaaaaay out of my price range) and if there's any left over maybe some Cokin/Lee type filters and if I really had money the 70-400 f2.8 (£1229.00 at the moment)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.