• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 42
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

WAMT

My printer is playing up! Prints one or two, then grabs the paper and chucks it straight through and errors. The only way seemingly to get it to work is to pull the paper out after its been grabbed and just rest it back on the rear roller. Pain in the arris!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Not at all what you want Mark. My old HP Officejet does that from time to time on double sided printing. It seems to prefer slightly thicker paper so I go for 90gsm rather than 80gsm and it seems to be happy with that - mostly.

Probably teaching granny to suck eggs, but perhaps try cleaning the rollers? Sometimes they get a bit clagged.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Teach away! I've not tried it - though have thought about it. I'll have to see if I can get to them easily. Then work out what to clean them with! Its the rear feeder which is for photopaper (in the main) so is thicker than usual.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Sometimes too thick causes problems too!

If you can get at the rollers the best cleaning I've managed is with cotton buds (preferably ones that don't shed) and alcohol. 'Alcool Ménage' or general cleaning alcohol is easy to get here, every super market sells it. Not too sure about how you'd get some in the UK. I suppose good old carbon tetrachloride would be an equivalent substitute, I think that's easy to get hold of.

Good luck.

Just don't use that hammer!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I am pretty sure that there will be carbon tet at my Mums - I'll have a look over the weekend. :)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

I've come out to try and get some floral photos before collecting the kids from school and I've left my memory card at home. Not for the fist time!!!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on May 27, 2022, 03:10:18 PM
I've come out to try and get some floral photos before collecting the kids from school and I've left my memory card at home. Not for the fist time!!!

We've all done that.  :uglystupid2:

Jediboy

I seem to keep doing it Oldboy.  :doh:

Chris

anglefire

I've left my battery at home before now - last time when we went to some gardens fully of fauna and flora.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on May 31, 2022, 07:18:06 AM
I've left my battery at home before now - last time when we went to some gardens fully of fauna and flora.

So frustrating isn't it.
I have a couple of spare batteries that I keep in my camera bag,  but I only have one memory card.  Maybe its time to buy another.

Chris

anglefire

I've two cards in the camera - and they never come out as I download via ethernet. Or occasionally wifi.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on May 31, 2022, 08:33:19 AM

So frustrating isn't it.
I have a couple of spare batteries that I keep in my camera bag,  but I only have one memory card.  Maybe its time to buy another.

Memory cards are so cheap now it's worth getting a couple of spares. Years ago they were very expensive. I remember buying two 8mb cards as I got a third one free and they cost over a hundred pounds.  :(  :D 

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on May 31, 2022, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on May 31, 2022, 08:33:19 AM

So frustrating isn't it.

Memory cards are so cheap now it's worth getting a couple of spares. Years ago they were very expensive. I remember buying two 8mb cards as I got a third one free and they cost over a hundred pounds.  :(  :D 

Depends what memory card you have! Mine uses CfExpress - and a 64Gb card is around £140 - I have a 64Gb (Came with the camera) and a 120Gb (Weird size and can't find it now) but not SanDisk which is my preferred brand but SanDisk were so much more expensive at the time. I have never run out of space though!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Quote from: Jediboy on May 27, 2022, 03:10:18 PM

I did it again. So annoyed.  :uglystupid2: >:(

Chris

Jediboy

I have a few CF for my D800 but only one card fir my newer Z6. They were about £100 so only got one. And I keep leaving it at home.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.