• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat thread for weekly comp ART

Started by irv_b, March 05, 2012, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

This wek the topic is ART.
You are, to try to interpret.  in photographic form a piece of Art (from whatever period) whether it be a statue, painting, photograph or even a piece of graffitti. It should be able to be recognised without being titled, so we can have a guess at which piece it is

No restrictions on PP

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 05th March 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 11th March 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 12th March 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 13th March 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 17th March 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: irv_b on March 05, 2012, 06:14:57 AM
This wek the topic is ART.
You are, to try to interpret.  in photographic form a piece of Art (from whatever period) whether it be a statue, painting, photograph or even a piece of graffitti. It should be able to be recognised without being titled, so we can have a guess at which piece it is

Are we therefore meant to be taking a shot of a famous / well known piece of art Irv ?  :-\ I do not have a long enough lens to catch a shot of the Eiffel tower from here  :'( :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

irv_b

Well you best get saving then Mark :2funny: :2funny:!
The idea  I was trying to convey - although not very well obviously - is for you to shoot something that is a copy of a piece of art (ie a woman sitting and giving the Mona Lisa smile , someone standing on a hill as the Angel of the north statue, maybe the Blackpool tower with a beret in the foreground or even Van Gogh's sunflowers) but with your interpretation of it. I hope this helps rather than confuses the issue more!
My Gallery

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: irv_b on March 05, 2012, 07:22:19 PM
Well you best get saving then Mark :2funny: :2funny:!
The idea  I was trying to convey - although not very well obviously - is for you to shoot something that is a copy of a piece of art (ie a woman sitting and giving the Mona Lisa smile , someone standing on a hill as the Angel of the north statue, maybe the Blackpool tower with a beret in the foreground or even Van Gogh's sunflowers) but with your interpretation of it. I hope this helps rather than confuses the issue more!

I've got the picture now, thank you; with a few ideas springing to mind already. Splendid topic choice  :tup: My fault for being so dense in the head  :doh: :-[

Regards Andy  ;) :2funny:

irv_b

Oops! Sorry for getting the name wrong Andy!  :-[
My Gallery

Beaux Reflets

Mick

Irv, you having problems uploading to the site?   ???
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Here we go then:

You can start guessing now.

Irv, are we allowed to give any clues if the guesses are miles out?

I've got a bit enthused by this one, so I am planning to spend another hour or so trying to replicate some other works and see which one I like best by the end of the week.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

Quote from: admin on March 07, 2012, 09:28:16 AM
Irv, you having problems uploading to the site?   ???

Not uploading Mick it is just that the Bbcode was missing from the last set of pictures that I put in the gallery but it seems that it is there now.
My Gallery

Beaux Reflets

Over the top processing and a little fun playing

Hinfrance

That's a tricky one Andy - there are loads of images of ballet shoes . .  is this from a photograph or a painting?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

It is an interpretation (not a replica) hopefully capturing the spirit of the artist's work in his hay day, and I feel sure he would have enjoyed the ease in digital camera processing.

This one is a tribute to my Ma who hung up her ballet shoes many moons ago

Sarasocke

I took so many photos this last week during my UK trip, but this may have to be my comp entry.
His hands are in the wrong place but otherwise it did remind me of a much older sculpture.

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Hinfrance

I'm guessing yours might the thinker Carol.

Andy, you gave yours away on flickr  :o

Got another one I did this afternoon:

. . from a photographer I found inspirational and everyone else found a PITA. Thanks to Mrs H for being a brilliant sport and posing for me. :tup:

Go on someone, have a guess at the others I've done  :knuppel2:

From the 1880s:

From the 1920s:

the last two both paintings.

Got one more idea to try, but think I'll go with the 1920s image as my entry.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

I thought mine was a dead give away Howard,  going on how quickly my daughter mentioned the title and artist of the original painting. That said, I have seen another ballet shoes painting by the same artist in a private collection that is far away much better than the popular printed version I lamely interpreted.

I would need a clue to guess your shots as I am not familiar with the images portrayed.  :tup:

The boots one looks to tidy for Van Gogh and I hazard a guess the other is about pillow sacks conversing although the pallet ought to give me a clue  :-\

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.