• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Help please

Started by Geoff, July 20, 2013, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I'm new here and not really sure how things work, I have uploaded a lot of my pic's but have nothing in my gallery when I click on my gallery tab if I go to modify my gallery it says I don,t have permission.
What am I doing wrong ?

Geoff :legit:

Oldboy

Can't see anything under the name Pinerat.  ???

Wait for Lurkalot to see this post or sent him a private message.  :)

Mick

Quote from: pinerat on July 20, 2013, 06:11:13 PM
I'm new here and not really sure how things work, I have uploaded a lot of my pic's but have nothing in my gallery when I click on my gallery tab if I go to modify my gallery it says I don,t have permission.
What am I doing wrong ?

Geoff :legit:

oh,oh, permissions problems, not what you wanted to see.  :doh:  So you go to your gallery, and what are you presented with?  You should be able to add a album, or albums then save.  You can then upload your pics to the album you created.  I think when you uploaded the previous pics, you uploaded them to the generic albums (Public Albums) which everyone can use.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Geoff

Ye it Mad Lol,  I Put a lot of Picks on a couple of days ago, I put them in a few places Ie travel animals and now can't find them
They must be there because I have had a couple of coments made.
I click on the tab my albums and nothing comes up so I then try clicking on P and there are other user names but not mine.
I think I just should stay away from forums,

Changing the subject a little had an email today from Jeff telling me that dpw forum was down at the moment, I knew already,
and that it would not come back until it was problem free however long it takes.

Had my 1st pic published today since I took up digital photography again 2 years ago, I had stuff published about 18 - 20 years
ago so that really picked up my mood.

Geoff

Mick

Nice work getting your image published.  :tup:

If you go to the gallery and click last uploads from the nav menu at the top. actually here a link http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0  You'll see your pics in amongst these.  If you click one of you pics, and look in the info underneath it you'll see what album you uploaded it to. ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Geoff

Ye got all that, Is that it

Mick

Quote from: pinerat on July 20, 2013, 09:16:12 PM
Ye got all that, Is that it

In your gallery you haven't created any albums, hence why you get the permissions error.  Click the my gallery link as bofore and and a album.  For example, if you go to my gallery, http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10002 you'll see I've created four albums.  You'll need to add albums, if you want to upload your pics to your own gallery, otherwise they will just upload to the (Public Albums) 

Once you've added you albums, it should be possible to move your already uploaded pics to your own albums.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Geoff

Thanks Mick, got it now as I started to read your last post I could see what i needed to do and then you confimed it.

Thank Mick your a star

Mick

Cool.  Just in case, I've cobbled together a little tut. How to add albums to your CC gallery.

It's a bit messy, but should give you an idea.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Geoff

Thanks Mick the way my head is at the moment I will no doubt  need it. 2moz  :beer: today

Geoff

Mick

Quote from: pinerat on July 21, 2013, 02:46:00 PM
Thanks Mick the way my head is at the moment I will no doubt  need it. 2moz  :beer: today

Geoff

No problem.  ;)  If you want to move your files from the public albums to your own albums, then I made a video on how to do this ages ago, I think it still applies. Note: You'll have to do one by one though unfortunately.  :doh:

Clicking this link will open the tutorial in a new window,

My Gallery

OpenSea

Geoff

Thanks again Mick as I said your a star, I will take a look and get started I did manage yesterday to
start a gallery, put one pic in it to see how it went.

Geoff  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.