• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

New Scam.

Started by Oldboy, October 06, 2009, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Just to let you know at users on Hot Mail, Yahoo and GMail, to name but a few have had their passwords posted on a website. So if you use any of these may be good if you set new passwords.  :'(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8292928.stm

anglefire

It does sound like the user was asked to reveal their password in an email - something no respecting site will do.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on October 06, 2009, 09:03:41 PM
It does sound like the user was asked to reveal their password in an email - something no respecting site will do.

Did you see Watchdog the other week, when they got actors to phone up telling people they had won a big television, then asking for their bank detals to pay for the delivery. All but one gave them the details.  :o

irv_b

Some people will do or say virtually anything when they think their getting something for nothing  :legit:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

spinner

Too late, I think my wife's Yahoo account has been hacked, or subject to what their calling a massive password reset. She can't get in but she can't change it either. :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

mmm, it seems the most common password was '123456', closely followed by '12345678'. Lots of birthdays and first names and 'godisgreat' type of things. Apparently 2 in 5 people use the same password for everything online. Scary.

My passwords are generally long, often random and all unique. I use password safe to keep track of them. If I lost the encrypted file and backup for that I would constantly hitting the 'I've forgotten my password' buttons . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.