• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Removing an obtrusive object

Started by SimonW, October 27, 2013, 04:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

Dupplin Castle Drive

I'd been planning this shot for getting on for a year - needing autumn. The only opportunity I had for this year, assuming the forecast storm would wreck things, was yesterday morning. I knew there'd be no sun and the gate would be locked, but also knew I could poke my lens between the bars, so I went anyway. (In season the gardens open from 1pm, but close for the winter next week.)

I didn't know about that new and extremely bright sign. Nothing I could do to avoid shooting it. I think cloning it out would be beyond my skills (but maybe not of everyone's) so all I've done is hit it very hard with the burn brush. But if anyone has a better idea.....

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

DigiDiva

Why do you think cloning would be too hard for you?  Try it, what's to lose?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

I would start by grabbing a bit from the tree trunk base opposite and pasting it in mirror on a new layer, tweek for contrast and shade and then clone in little areas to suit and hide the mirror effect.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

And the 'mixed leaves' should be fairly easy to copy and paste  as well.

Have a go Simon; surprise yourself!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

I took your image and just loaded into Elements 10 and used the content aware healing tool.  I did zoom in. 

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: donoreo on October 27, 2013, 06:12:35 PM
I took your image and just loaded into Elements 10 and used the content aware healing tool.  I did zoom in.

What happened to the sweep of tree to root  :o
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

It's an imperfect tool, but a good starting point in many cases. If you use it a bit at a time, working in from the outside edges, you can then clone in the missing bits. When I tried it just now I had to rebuild the root Andy mentioned, clone some of the leaves, and add back in the stone on the edge of the drive that the sign is obscuring. It can be done!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hssutton

I think the clone tool is the only way to go, I've just tried the content aware tool in CS6, but it was a failure. I then tried to clone out the sign, but arthritis is causing me serious problems when using a mouse and of course a graphics pad is also out of the question for me. So with my excuses already outlined here's my effort which took all of two three minutes, so considering my problems this should be be an easy proposition for most people to make a far better fist of it.

Harry

[url]

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

Wow, thanks for all the encouragement folks. I'll give it a try myself later. Cheers :-)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

donoreo

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on October 27, 2013, 06:16:12 PM
Quote from: donoreo on October 27, 2013, 06:12:35 PM

What happened to the sweep of tree to root  :o
I was being quick :)  I would clone it back in on another layer.  It would be "imagined" since we cannot see it behind the sign. 

Of course the real solution would be to climb the gates and just remove the sign before taking the photo :) 

donoreo

I forgot to add, great photo.  I can see why you would wait for the right day. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.