• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Rate for 10 years on Tv network

Started by thierrydehove, December 26, 2014, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thierrydehove

Hi Guys
Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah to all

A French TV network France 3 wants to buy me this image (http://www.thierrydehove.com/pamplemousse/content/Outside-night-1_large.html)  for 10 years for all media except Cinema
I have no idea how to charge to TV, I used to sell for magazine but first time got for this kind of media

any ideas ?

Thanks so much
Be safe,
Thierry
Thierry Dehove
my toys

Oldboy

Hi Terry and a Happy New Year to you and yours.  :tup:

Try looking at this: http://www.londonfreelance.org/feesguide/index.php?&section=Photography&subsect=Broadcasting as it might give you an idea. It would also depend on the size of the network and how often they might use that image. If the image contained your copyright details then the overall rate might be reduced as it would be displaying your skills to a greater audience than you could ever reach in the normal showing of your pictures. So, it's a question of swings and roundabouts. You could ask them how much they are willing to pay and take it from there. Good luck.  :tup:

thierrydehove

Thanks for your response and all those information
for sure, when I asked them, they told me they don't have budget, always the same sh... ;)
Thierry Dehove
my toys

thierrydehove

they refused for those rates:
for 01 year = $950
for 05 years = $2,800
for 10 years = $4,800
Thierry Dehove
my toys

Oldboy

Quote from: thierrydehove on December 29, 2014, 04:28:24 PM
they refused for those rates:
for 01 year = $950
for 05 years = $2,800
for 10 years = $4,800

You have to decide if it's worth taking less or if your images are more valuable than they are willing to pay. If you make a good living from selling your photos to commercial companies then, allowing the TV station to use those images for less could undermine your business case. I would suggest saying to the TV station that, that is your commercial rate and you can't afford to reduce it by one penny/cent/euro. Good luck.  :tup:

thierrydehove

I am making good money with the magazines finally and my stock photos with private requests
have no energy for those cheap french companies, that's the reason I left France, the don't respect our jobs

Happy Holidays
Thierry Dehove
my toys

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.