• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

FILL THE FRAME - CHAT - Weekly competition 1 Jan - 10 Jan 2016

Started by oggalily, January 01, 2016, 11:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggalily

FILL THE FRAME - Weekly Competition 1 Jan to 10 Jan 2016

CHAT thread

ENTRIES thread is HERE

The challenge this week is to fill the frame with your main subject.  It doesn't have to fill the whole frame but it should be dominant in the composition.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 10th January 2016, 23:59.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 11th January 2016.
Poll will be up Tuesday 12th January 2016.
Winner to be announced Saturday 16th January 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, IE Saturday xx to Sunday xx

Reinardina

Very grey and wet; thought I might have to fill the frame with water.
Went out today and did take camera, even found something under cover that I could fill the frame with, and it is not water. Not sure I'll use it, but at least it's a back up.

I see Jeff had the first 'wet' subject!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Reinardina, anyone in the UK without a wet subject is just not trying. Neighbours dog, went walking by river, loved the mud but would not enter water for a swim to clean off, he was a mess, bless.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

StephenBatey

There are always indoor subjects. Sue enjoys jigsaw puzzles, and has me photograph completed ones. I photographed one a few minutes ago, and one of my objectives was to fill the frame with the puzzle.

Other indoor subjects at this time of year (which I've also photographed) are close ups of decorative (Christmas) candles where again filling the frame was required.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on January 03, 2016, 02:33:45 PM
Reinardina, anyone in the UK without a wet subject is just not trying. Neighbours dog, went walking by river, loved the mud but would not enter water for a swim to clean off, he was a mess, bless.

Sick to the teeth of the weather, though it is dry and fairly clear at the moment. Maybe we will get some proper winter now?
And to think I just had a fortnight of sunshine, was regretting the fact there was no snow, while England had rain all the time.

Quote from: StephenBatey on January 03, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
There are always indoor subjects. Sue enjoys jigsaw puzzles, and has me photograph completed ones. I photographed one a few minutes ago, and one of my objectives was to fill the frame with the puzzle.

Other indoor subjects at this time of year (which I've also photographed) are close ups of decorative (Christmas) candles where again filling the frame was required.

I do not have many interesting indoor things to photograph, that I haven't done to death in the past. And no Christmas decorations, apart from cards, as I was away fro Christmas.

Not really back in the right frame of mind, too much going on still.

Reinardina

The greengrocer, with his stuff under cover, gave me my entry.

Shot this as back up, but decided to enter, as I may not get round to shooting something else.

Oranges are not the only fruit:

jinky

At my wife`s belated birthday bash I took some of these for the "friends" theme before realising it was after the deadline. Thankfully Ogga came up with the next theme early that fitted! I used this frame at every wedding photobooth set up  I did as well as at every family gathering. Heavy to hold but great fun. These are 3 friends of ours who came to celebrate and get drunk!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.