• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL for BODY DETAIL

Started by Hinfrance, May 05, 2015, 07:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite BODY DETAIL picture!

At the Gym:

1 (6.3%)
Wounded Hand:

0 (0%)
Backhand:

5 (31.3%)
Be My Friend:

1 (6.3%)
Lips:

8 (50%)
Waves:

1 (6.3%)
Catchlight - Eye Detail:

0 (0%)
Hairy Legs:

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 09, 2015, 07:59:31 AM

Hinfrance

Please vote for your favourite BODY DETAIL photograph - thanks  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Last chance saloon bump - expires in just over 12 hours !
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

And the winner is: Lucky Lips!
Congratulations Jinky.

Turning your back, nearly paid off H.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Congratulations Paul - a classy shot that got my vote.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

DigiDiva

Well done Jinky. Nice high key image.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

jinky

Great - thanks for that  :). My vote went to H`s backhand. Kept wondering if a splash of colour from the nails might improve it even more but then the emphasis would have been on the nails I guess. Great definition.

At the Gym tried to with that alluring flash of nipple which might have worked with a different model for some of us  ;). I don`t like seeing hands disappear out of shot and wondered if it might have been brought in somehow either tugging the vest or even with a weight attached.

Wounded hand - painfully persona as it might have been for you failed to grab me I am afraid. Not graphic enough aspect of the wound and the hand seems clumped and stiff rather than more relaxed - probably the onset of gangrene  ;)

Be my Friend - both with the title and the emphasis of the shot maybe took it out of the brief for me with the horse emphasised more than the hands.

Waves - similar feeling for me that the tattoo was the emphasis more than the body part and straining the brief thus for me. Funnily enough if I had had the nerve one of my thoughts had been to visit the local tattoo parlour and see if anyone would pose for me if I saw the right subject but felt that my emphasis too would have been the tattoo so changed my mind  - and didn`t have the bottle!  :-[

Eye detail - my problem was less in the eye itself and the colour pop and more in the bright light  reflections in the skin around the eye suggesting the lighting was just a little too harsh for me. Great detail though.

Hairy Legs - calves of a champion cyclist there! Problem is the trainers jump out more than the hairy legs with their bright colours and a feeling that you needed to get down a little lower to grab the shot. Cropping that shadow on the right and in on the detail might have helped too.

Mine - her lips were not that red. A high key treatment and messing around in photoshop gave them the impact boost I was looking for. I wished I`d grabbed it went the lipstick was being applied but saw the opportunity too late and had to settle for the liner application although a bit more of the hand and pencil in there would have been better and maybe a bit closer to the lips. Given that "don`t take my photo was being shouted at me and it was not posed I was quite pleased with the outcome in the end as the room the application was taking place in was a disgrace of a mess and I found the only clean background available.

Nice efforts all round though and my thinking cap is on.

Oldboy

spikeyjen

well done Jinky, deserved win. Some nice entries in what is a hard subject.

My vote went for Backhand, loved the detail of the skeleton. It was an image that asked a lot of questions and the B&W conversion was well done with the darkened edges

I really liked 'at the gym', thought it cheeky but probably needed a prop to really tell the story (rather than the title).

Wounded Hand, needed a bit of contrast work and perhaps a different angle to highlight the wound, and maybe a big knife or other treacherous prop to tell the story

I liked the idea of 'lips' but the filtering was a little overdone for me, and the pencil needed a red tip too.

it was hard to tell that 'waves' was  body part but it's a damn nice tattoo

'Eye Detail' was really well done, but just not a stand out image.

Damned nice legs in 'hairy legs' but also needed something to tell the story, (a blurred bike in the background for example)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.