• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Not today, but last Friday. Wanted to exchange an old ten pound note, for a new plastic one. Popped into the first bank I came across, which was Lloyds. Joined the queue at the only manned counter, only to be told, I needed to be a Lloyds' customer, as I needed a bank card for this 'transaction!'
Went to my own bank (NatWest), where the 'greeter' exchanged it for me, circumventing the queues, and without asking any questions. 

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on June 18, 2018, 08:51:03 AM
Not today, but last Friday. Wanted to exchange an old ten pound note, for a new plastic one. Popped into the first bank I came across, which was Lloyds. Joined the queue at the only manned counter, only to be told, I needed to be a Lloyds' customer, as I needed a bank card for this 'transaction!'
Went to my own bank (NatWest), where the 'greeter' exchanged it for me, circumventing the queues, and without asking any questions.

It gets harder and harder to pass counterterfeit notes doesnt it R 😉😀

Reinardina

The notes were real enough, but I had been in a bit too often, thinking that laundering money would be less noticeable, if I did it in small amounts.  :legit:

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Broadband!!

Its died on us and can't be repaired until next Saturday. Seem as as though the signal is there but its not being sent out to devices.
Luckily i can use my iPhone as a personal hotspot so hoping to be able to upload a photo for the comp this week.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

And I really take it for granted. Now its gone I'm having to actually talk to the wife!
We watch most TV online now and we are now limited to a few channels. So many things in the house now depend on reliable broadband.  >:(

Chris

Oldboy

So very true. Broadband is a must now. What amazes me is we live in a digital world today where phone companies/broadband providers want us to be contactable 24/7 via email and phone but you can't send an email to them! All emails I receive from them have the message at the bottom, 'Do not reply to this email as replies are not monitored.  >:(

Jediboy

That's an interesting point Oldboy. Sometimes it can be very difficult to make contact with them. To be fair this episode wasn't too bad, just slowed down by the fact that we're away next week which will delay the repair. 
And of course the knock on effect is that we are using more mobile data and not the WiFi and that will incur costs.

Chris

Oldboy

I'm on AOL.UK which was a great service provider which allowed you to contact them via email. Then AOL.UK was brought by TalkTalk and the service went down hill fast. Early last year I lost my internet connection and phoned AOL.UK/TalkTalk which has outsourced their call centre to India. I explained the problem and pointed out the problem was at the exchange. He said he would sent an engineer round to my house. I said the problem was at the exchange not my house, as I had tested it to my outside connection and that was fine. He then said, "You don't want an engineer then"? After spending another five minutes trying to explain where the problem was I gave up. He might have got a degree in English from an Indian university but it's not the same as been a native speaker.
I then decided to send an email via free Wi-Fi via a local department store. Within two hours I got a reply from AOL America say they had forwarded to AOL.UK. I never received a reply from them!  >:(

anglefire

Virgin have fell out with UKTV so have pulled about 10 channels - like Dave and Gold - and replaced them with some shite that I don't want to watch - Sport? Not exactly fair exchange!

So have been toying with the idea of just dropping to phone and broadband, but suspect it will actually be no cheaper, though I have to verify that.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Oh and the other things that HAMTD - well a week - had a week off work last week - had already booked to go to Wales - nice cottage in the middle of nowhere - but the weather turned to being a bit Meeh - rained on Monday, rest of the week was a little better. Come back home yesterday and its back in the high 20's again just in time to go to work tomorrow :(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT?
My camera has been away for repair since 27th June and no progress made since then.
The speel Im getting is,-
Repairer awaiting parts from Nikon UK. Nikon UK awaiting parts fro Nikon Europe. Nikon Europe awaiting parts from Japan.
Not happy at all.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jediboy

That would annoy me too. Sorry they're dragging their heels. Hopefully you'll get it back soon.

Chris

Hinfrance

Adobe.

I stopped my sub when LR became unresponsive and wouldn't play videos any more. I read there is a new version of LR CC, so I downloaded the 7 day trial. But even though this is supposed to be a 'new' version the fact that I previously had a sub means that I cannot try the new version.

So, OK, I thought, I like PS anyway, and as it is currently £8.32 per month I'll sign up for a bit and see how it goes. My credit card is in £, so no problem. But as my address is in France they want to charge me €11.99 a month instead. Notwithstanding that the cost is almost 50% higher, the addition of a credit card charge for converting that into sterling makes it simply a non starter.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 24, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
Adobe.

I stopped my sub when LR became unresponsive and wouldn't play videos any more. I read there is a new version of LR CC, so I downloaded the 7 day trial. But even though this is supposed to be a 'new' version the fact that I previously had a sub means that I cannot try the new version.

So, OK, I thought, I like PS anyway, and as it is currently £8.32 per month I'll sign up for a bit and see how it goes. My credit card is in £, so no problem. But as my address is in France they want to charge me €11.99 a month instead. Notwithstanding that the cost is almost 50% higher, the addition of a credit card charge for converting that into sterling makes it simply a non starter.

Annoying. I still run along with CS 6 and a lighroom 3.4 version without subs which are fine for me. Soe issues with my Fuji gear if using raws which make me use Adobe raw conversion or Fuji silkyix which is a bit slow and clunky but as I tend to shoot jpegs with that it`s fine.

Hinfrance

I would have done something similar if I had ever had the luck to have an earlier copy of PS, but I could never afford it. I do have LR 4.4, but it freezes on file import, presumably because it doesn't understand most of the RAW files it's looking at, and it won't play any video clips at all.

Really I can do without LR and Affinity is a good substitute for PS if rather more limited - no easy way to do luminosity masks for example. I use ACDSee as my DAM at the moment, and that I find a lot easier to use than LR. So really any sub would be for PS alone.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.