• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Oh no, the election already!

Started by ABERS, March 21, 2010, 07:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

News and photography.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/photoblog/2010/03/photographer_chosen_as_the_official_election_artis.html

I hope this doesn't descend into what 'motorhome is best for photographers' or 'the pros and cons of the Ackerman steering angles of front wheel drive converted light commercial vehicles' or even ' what is the latest cool accessory for 'togs on the move with under £zillion that will make me look like a pro' ::) ;)

picsfor

What you think the camper van in he picture would be suitable for the needs of a photographer? :o
Pleeeeaaaaaasssssse,
Not nearly new enough and with not nearly enough toys.
Modern camper vans, motor homes (your choice of title) have come along in leaps and bounds since the days of that one, showers, microwaves, H&C Water, Broadband, Sat Nav, Satellite & Digital TV - all capable of running independently from a mains supply or water supply if needed. They have storage for push bikes or mopeds without using some hulking rack attached to the back.

Nope, without a doubt - definitely not suitable enough for a year long home from home.  ;)

Question is, which would work out cheaper after a year - the motor home or the budget hotels and your own car?
Just for you Alan  :tup:

ABERS

The thought crossed my mind about the rigidity of the suspension when stood on the roof taking pictures. Not so much camera shake as camera sway. ???

Simple

I sold this a couple of months ago. A photographers dream.
The wife hated it though, prefers cosy hotels.
Have you noticed that that photographer has the gift of the gab like the politicians he is covering.

picsfor

Hadn't thought of that, though again modern motor homes can come with gas or air suspension which allows them to be tightened up and made more rigid. The other thought that has just crossed my mind is the standing on the roof. Most of these thins do not have strong roofs so I'm guessing that has received a custom upgrade.

Have to be honest, i have thought of getting one of these things for a year and withdrawing from the rat race and traveling around the country. A lovely thought - the freedom of choice, location and all those photographic subjects.
Trouble is i'd need a few hard drives to store it all in!

AS fr gift of the gab - he would not be the first photographer to have the gift of the gab. I recall several threads discussing that very subject on various forums.

Graham

I read (well, looked at the words.) right up to where he said "Juxtaposing", one of my favourite "Switch Off" words.
                 Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Cabbyjohn

Do "Elf'n'safety" know that he is standing on that roof without suitable scaffolding surrounding him?

anglefire

I was at Cheltenham on Thursday, and at one point there was a Disco parked nearby with a camera on top of it - I think he just stood still, cos the suspension was standard and it wobbled when he moved!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

It's well known that Citroen do the best vehicles for using a camera on the roof...

Simple

Yes, Hydro pneumatic suspension! I recall Citroen DS Break with tripod on the roof driving along the racecourse.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.