• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 235
  • Total: 235
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CIRCLES – Chat – Weekly Comp 15th to 21st July 2013

Started by michaelb104, July 15, 2013, 07:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

CHAT thread - Circles.

So the photo must contain something circular anything from a crop circle to a wheel or a fairy ring to a sphere and if you can think of something more obscure then great!

No restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 15th July 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 21st July  2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 22nd July 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 23rd July 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 27th July 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

SimonW

A nice challenge - easy to find a subject - and I've shot a few for it this week already - but less easy to make an attractive and interesting picture. And it's far too hot to think about it right now - 27.9 degrees in the shade at lunchtime! And even warmer indoors. Maybe I'll get a chance for a better shot before Sunday....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Friend and I are big game (rhinos) hunting tomorrow; there must be a chance of shooting something cirular.

No worries on the wildlife front; the rhinos are all over town, and don't mind being shot!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

Sounds intriguing, I can't wait to see your efforts.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: SimonW on July 18, 2013, 09:26:53 PM
Sounds intriguing, I can't wait to see your efforts.

I used one of my earlier rhino shots as an entry in the 'footsteps' competition. That gives you an idea about the sort of game I've been hunting. I'll upload a few more later.
I think I may also have my entry for the circles comp.

Reinardina

I am in with this one:

Trapped in a bubble

Which is a detail shot of part of the skin of this rhino:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

What a rubbish weekend, I had a plan for this weeks comp all I needed was the sun to shine like it has done all week!!  All we have had for Sat and Sun is grey cloud and cool, it was even raining yesterday morning.........................now back to work and the weather woman said we are back to 30c+ GREAT  :(

After waiting for the elusive sun I had to find something else late last night, so I am in with this

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

DigiDiva

After being with no camera for 3 weeks after my whole kit was stolen, I have at last been returned to the land of photography, thanks to a very good service by my insurance company, who replaced everything from my memory cards to my camera and 4 lenses. What a godsend they were after the heartless act of thieves!

After toying with a few ideas and images, I have decided upon this one

Log Pile

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.