• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

smutz on my lens

Started by alan1572, January 03, 2010, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

i have got a few marks on all of my photo's, i have changed lens' and used compressed air but they won't go, any idea's on how to get rid of what ever it may be?
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

bones615

If you have changed lenses & its still there its more likely to be on your sensor. Give it a blow (use a blower) & hope for the best.

picsfor

i thought i spotted something on one of your pictures.

If it's the same place with all piccies- then it's the sensor...

If compressed air isn't doing it - then you're gonna need something a bit more to do the job. Maybe even take it to a shop to get it cleaned.

I've got to give my 5D MkII it's first clean since June. Never cleaned the 40D at all - but then it spent most of its time with the same lens attached.

alan1572

i've tried the camera's own sensor cleaner but it's not helped.

skellum

Have a look at this  www.DUST-AID.com  I bought it from Warehouse Express and I was a bit worrying to use first time but it does work...... :legit:

Oldboy

Artic Butterfly does the job easy.  ;D

alan1572

i really couldn't set about my lens/sensor with an inanimate object like that, looks like i'll have to pay :'(

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on January 03, 2010, 08:31:18 PM

I've got to give my 5D MkII it's first clean since June. Never cleaned the 40D at all - but then it spent most of its time with the same lens attached.

My 30D was absolutely full of crap from day one.  :o  I put up with it for a few months and then got my first clean free of charge (thanks Canon).  Used a blower since a couple times.   
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: alan1572 on January 03, 2010, 11:23:29 PM
i really couldn't set about my lens/sensor with an inanimate object like that, looks like i'll have to pay :'(
Why ever not ?
it does the job and its cheaper than a dealer doing it. There is nothing at all to fear doing it youself.
Ive tried pads with eclipse, blowers, and static brushes, but that pen did the best job of all
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Colin

I'm with Alfonso the lens pen is excellent and far better than anything else I have tried and very reasonably priced.

magicrhodes

Two words - Arctic Butterfly!

I got back from my holiday with 300 photos all with marks on, bought an arctic butterfly on old boy's recommendation and it is great.... Plus I only bought the really cheap one too :) :) :)

picsfor

Quote from: alan1572 on January 03, 2010, 08:43:34 PM
i've tried the camera's own sensor cleaner but it's not helped.

I have the cameras own sensor cleaner set to operate each time the camera is switched on or off. I'm sure it helps - because compared with the 30D, i would have had to clean the 5D MkII several times now with all the lens changes in environments that are not ideal for dust proofing...

Malcolm1938

Another vote for Lens Pen SensorKlear but an even bigger vote for Olympus DSLR's

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

alan1572

ok, i may buy the pen, it's much cheaper than an olympus

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.