• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
  • Bingbot
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

I must have been a good boy. Birthday surprise today (hint 10-20)

Started by donoreo, March 16, 2014, 12:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

So the little girls gave me a present today.  A Sigma 10 - 20 f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM.  It was number one on my lens wish list.  I did suggest it would be a great idea. I am also certain that my wife had something to do with it.   She actually got it locally and it was on sale and was cheaper than ordering from B & H in New York,  which is usually the cheapest on this side of the ocean,  so that is good.

Reinardina

Happy Birthday Don!

It certainly was a good start to your birthday; hope you have a great day and great photography.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Many happy returns.  :hb1:

Now you will be able to fit all the family in the frame.  :P

Andrew

Many Happy Returns and Many hours of enjoyable photography - I've as yet to hear a bad thing about that lens

Now, if only i can persuade my daughters to add the new Fuji 10-24 to my collection for my birthday - I will be as happy as you  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

Happy Birthday Don.

Enjoy your new lens.

Ah, B&H. One of the most bizarre places I have ever visited.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

The one bummer: I did not get to use it yesterday (except for a test photo).  I was booked into a camera club workshop on studio portrait photography.  Obviously I do not normally want to use a wide angle lens for that. 

I am very impressed with the build quality.  Feels solid. 

I am also please she did get it locally.  Henry's Camera has been around a long time here and they do have knowledgeable staff.  Also buying from them I can take it back for any problems during the 7 year warranty.  I would have sent to Sigma directly or back to B&H (which if I ever go to New York I will have to visit) for repair.   

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

jinky

Happy birthday Don and enjoy that lens. I used to have one for my D80 and it was one of my favourites  ;)

Andrew

Quote from: donoreo on March 16, 2014, 02:04:17 PM
I was booked into a camera club workshop on studio portrait photography.  Obviously I do not normally want to use a wide angle lens for that. 

But you can get such great portraits using a WA and even UWA such as yours.

For example... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=614446588588219&set=a.720406837992193.1073741829.125556687477214&type=1&theater
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

donoreo

I know, that was why I said normally.  Most people do not like the way they look in a photo with a wide angle. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.