• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Brands Hatch Saturday 7th November

Started by Jonathan, November 03, 2009, 05:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Bit short notice and not absolutely definite I'll be there.  But....anybody going to Brands this Saturday?

They will be having night racing for the only time this year.  Which could be fun (where "fun" = "a bugger to photograph but you know you want to try").

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/

Anybody?
It's Guest's round

picsfor

so that's a mid day start to beat he Bluewater and Dartford Tunnel queues to get in...

All the same looks like a good photo opportunity - especially for those with high iso cameras.
Diary won't commit at the moment.

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on November 03, 2009, 05:38:18 PM
so that's a mid day start to beat he Bluewater and Dartford Tunnel queues to get in...

Um, qualifying starts at 9........ :)

If you don't know....Brands is one of the best tracks for photography.  Couple of snaps from there on my Flickr stream.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

i stand corrected - didn't see the other bit. So an even earlier start then!
Had noticed your piccies when looking a your various sites as i do so gathered it had good photographic opportunities.

Now to consult the alarm clock!

alan1j

What racing line up is their Jonathan? sounds interesting, Haven't been to brands this year yet. Will have to see if I could make it, just hope work doesn't get in the way. I need a days enjoyment and racing sure brings that..!! :tup:

anglefire

Not been to Brands - and it would be good to compare with Mallory - as that is a very photographer friendly circuit - almost no fences to get in the way and places where you can get within 2feet of the circuit!

But it won't be this weekend unfortunately as I have other things on! Look forward to seeing some pics though!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: alan1j on November 03, 2009, 10:04:19 PM
What racing line up is their Jonathan?

There's an event timetable here - https://tickets.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/race-event-details.asp?ProductID=3820 
Entry list for the main stuff is here http://britcar24hr.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.31

6 races + 4 qualifying.  Main race is 90 mins.  Which is quite a full day for November.  Indy track only - the record for this is about 40 seconds.  With about 35 cars on the track and a 90 minute race that will be non stop for taking pics.

If anybody's coming along I'll be the guy with little hair and plenty of Nikons at Druids.
It's Guest's round

alan1j

Hi Jonathan.. Not looking that hopeful for saturday. Looking after my daughter at the moment and as she's 13yrs old, no chance of her wanting to spend the day with dad, the smell of petrol fumes and petrolheads with cameras glued to their faces..LOL. Hopefully I will be able to get round the issue with a little bribery..LOL. Mind my youngest lad is up for it at the moment. Fingers crossed. lets hope the weathers on the right side too.

Jonathan

Hope you can make it Alan - it looks like being a great day out.

People have some nice snaps on Flickr from similar events.  http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=britcar+night&s=int
It's Guest's round

Jonathan

Just bumping this in case anybody can make it.

It's a definite now - unless it's torrential rain (and maybe even then) I'll be there tomorrow.  I'll have the mobile with me.  If you can work out the number and you're down there then give me a buzz.
It's Guest's round

alan1j

Still not a 100% sure Jonathan if I'm going, but hopefully I will be. Been looking forward since finding out about it. Mind the weather forecast isn't to good for tomorrow... But the chance of some great racing will make up for that ;)

Possibly bump into you at druids or after the first corner, paddock hill bend on the incline probally after the dip. Look out for the SonymanA700/A100 wearing a red/blue coat.
My son will not be coming now, Made other plans..

Update 95% sure I'll be there :tup:

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Mick

Nice shot Jonathan.  ;)  Looks like Paddock Hill bend to me, looking down on Druids.  

One of my favourite spots, as you can see nearly all the Indy circuit from there.  That said, I haven't been to Brands for a few years.  Hope you had a good day out.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

i would have preferred to have been there  :(

Nice shot by the way.

alan1j

I must appologise Jonathan, was unable to make it as something came up last minute.. Still I am glad that you went along and what a cracking shot taken from the top of paddock hill bend. Looking forward to more. Next year we will have to make plans in advance as I really would have liked to have been there. I do appoligise again most sincerly. Alan.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.